Question

Remove Sonos Playbar app from Android Phones lockscreen.

• 6 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have recently changed phones, and on the lock screen, I have the 'Sonos Playbar app' which shows it is connected to my Wireless system. But I DO NOT have a playbar, but other Sonos solutions. I have removed the Sonos app thinking that would fix the problem, but the Playbar is still there on my lockscreen. I have searched, but cannot find a solution to removing this, so I hope someone here can help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I don't even have a sonos app or any sonos equipment and I joined my customers wifi and now this stupid sonos thing WONT FREAKING GO AWAY. ive rebooted my phone. updated the os. short of deleting the whole phone...??
SONOS?
Badge
Found the issue. Remove the 'Peel remote software'. This is installed by default, so nothing to do with Sonos.
looks like the PEEL remote baked into android causes the sonos to auto communicate and sonos forces itself upon you through peel remote. F*** peel F*** sonos!!!
Found the issue. Remove the 'Peel remote software'. This is installed by default, so nothing to do with Sonos. actually this is wrong. sonos uses pnp to communicate and force itself into the peel app.
Badge
OK, interesting. I have Sonos devices, but not a Playbar which was shown on my lockscreen.

I do hate all these 'default apps' which can't be properly removed. Even worse apps that automatically enable things without giving you the option to allow it...