remote volume control

• 24 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I'm looking for a way to remotely control Sonos volume without phone/tablet/controller. I would like a simple device that provides volume up/down/mute. Sometimes it's nice to walk up, press a button and mute a zone (or change volume, etc) without the need to pull out the phone, unlock, go to sonos app, select the zone, and then change the volume. Ideally, this remote volume control would be assigned to control one or more zones.

I've had Sonos since the days of the original controller and the zp100s. Back then I wired volume controls in rooms to achieve what I'm describing above. Now I am looking for the flexibility of a wireless solution with better Sonos integration.

If you are familiar with Philips Hue lighting devices, then what I am looking for would be something similar to the Hue dimmer device which allows you to easily control one or more lights without using the Hue app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Get a Lutron Caseta Hub and a Lutron Pico Remote for Sonos. Works well for controlling play/pause, next track, sequence through favorites as well as volume up/down. Currently can be paired with a single Sonos device but as long as the device is grouped with others, it will play/pause and change favorites for the entire group. Volume would only control the device that the remote is paired to.

Lutron also has decent over the wall faceplates for pico remotes allowing you to mount those on the wall as well as a pretty decent table stand. All can be purchased on Amazon via searching for Lutron Caseta
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Awesome. Love this forum. I have pico remotes all though my house (though I use them with a wink hub for lighting controls and not the lutron hub) but I had no ide they could work for Sonos Audio. I don't have a need now, but totally can understand the OPs desire and love that this solution exists.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
This is great. I didn't know that Caseta was compatible with Sonos; I thought it was only for lighting. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks!