Remote control to turn off Sonos

• 22 February 2021
  • 1 reply

For some time, our Sonos sound bar went off when we used our XR11 remote to turn off our TV.  Then it stopped.  The XR11 always worked to control the Sonos Sound Bar volume but at some point, the sound di not turn off when we turned off the TV, which was annoying -- we would have to turn the volume all the way down.  I posted about it here: 

Mystery solved!  At some point, I must have changes the topical fiver connections from the TV to the cable box.  Turning off the TV does noting for our cable box, so the sound signal still came to the Sons.  I moved the optical fiber back tot he TV and, when the TV goes off, the Sonos goes off.  Mystery solved.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @blackcat99, welcome to the community.

Thanks for sharing your solution to this issue! We always advise, wherever possible, to connect Sonos products directly to the TV for the best experience.

I’m glad everything is working for you now. Let us know if you have any questions. :slight_smile: