Answered

Remote control of my SONOS from Spotify from user 4 miles away

• 29 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
My daughter was round our house for Xmas and used her Spotify, on an iPhone 6S, to create a playlist over my SONOS Play:1. The next day, when she was at her own house, 4 miles away, she was trying to use her Spotify to play over her own Bluetooth speaker, unfortunately my Play:1 started up on its own, and as the Bluetooth speaker wasn't responding she tried increasing the volume, yes you guessed it, the Play:1 began blasting out with the music she was trying to play! I have a Play:1, Play:3 and Play:5, with the Bridge, can anyone suggest how this could have happened?

Jon
icon

Best answer by ratty 29 December 2018, 23:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
ratty
Cheers for the response! :
Your daughter was playing directly from her Spotify app, not the Sonos controller. Although this Spotify-Sonos control connection can only be initiated on the local network, it's actually made in the cloud so would persist when the controlling device is taken elsewhere.

To sever the connection at your end all you need to do is play something different on the speaker in question.