Register Your Speakers

• 29 July 2018
  • 8 replies

My Sonos account says it can’t find any speakers registered to my account. It has locked up my controller on my iPhone and iPad. I only have amps, with hard wired non Sonos speakers. I was using the system offline when this happened and I am still offline without access to a network. How do I get back to a functioning controller?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Thanks, I did that, it then says that I have to register a new account?? I’ve had Sonos for about 8 years registered to an email address. Any clue why this other address is shown? I’ll call the help line on Monday as well. Why do I need to register the soeakers
Have you had an installer (Dramco?) set up your system 8 years ago?
Do you know why I would need to register the speakers?
This is the official statement:

Why is it mandatory to create a Sonos account and register my system?
We believe creating a password-protected, verified, account is a reasonable precaution to take and decided to make it a requirement for all Sonos customers. It has previously been necessary to create a Sonos account in order to access certain cloud services, like Amazon Alexa.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3427?language=en
Do you know why I would need to register the speakers?
Thanks, I did that, it then says that I have to register a new account?? I’ve had Sonos for about 8 years registered to an email address. Any clue why this other address is shown? I’ll call the help line on Monday as well. Why do I need to register the soeakers
Tap on "I don't have access to this email", and follow the steps provided.
Giving up as we had no choice, we accepted the update, now we are told that the speakers are not registered, attempting the next stage shows an email address that is not ours??
We had to accept the last update now on all devices, IPad, iMac and IPhone, even an old handset, we get the message that our speakers are not registered. Attempting to register them brings the message as attached below.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, ErikN61. Welcome to the community. It seems to me that your controllers have been updated off-premises, when connected to another network with Internet. The issue with this is that your controller now recognises that your system is (very long) out-of-date. You will need to either ensure you are using a controller on the same version on your system, or find a way to connect your system to the internet, so as to bring everything up-to-date. The system is intended to be connected to the Internet. Please let me know if you have any further questions.