Refresh Podcast list?

• 20 August 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
The android controller finds my downloaded podcasts the first time I select that feature...

But it doesn't seem to update the list after new ones download and old ones are removed.

How do I get it to refresh?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

ultralame,

SONOS does not continually scan for new files. If you manually start the Update Music Library Now procedure, the new files will be added to the index. Or, you can set the update to run automatically each day.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thank you for your response . but I think you were referring to the music library on the pc. I'm trying to get it to update the files on my Android, which is where I store podcasts.

I ran the update, but it did not update the list of files when I go to "This device" on my Android.
I ran the update, but it did not update the list of files when I go to "This device" on my Android.
Did you try exiting and restarting the controller app?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes. I have used the "remove from list", as well as force-stopping it, and I have rebooted the device.

This is actually a problem on both my Nexus 5 phone and my Nexus 7 (2014) tablet.
So we're covering all bases, what happens if you uninstall the app and reinstall from Google Play Store?
Userlevel 2
Badge
So we're covering all bases, what happens if you uninstall the app and reinstall from Google Play Store?

I tried that:

1) I have to re-add the system to my controller

2) The podcasts are updated the first time I check them. But then they don't update again.
Yes. I have used the "remove from list", as well as force-stopping it, and I have rebooted the device.

This is actually a problem on both my Nexus 5 phone and my Nexus 7 (2014) tablet.

I have the same issue to an extent with Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2013. I use BeyondPod as the front-end app to synchronise new downloads which are then available on the tablet. As with you though, the Sonos app doesn't refresh the list of available podcasts, even still showing ones that have been deleted in the meantime.

For me though, a restart of the device forces a refresh and new podcasts show up in the list. So the workaround works but isn't exactly convenient.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Just so we're clear, I have been through THREE more android devices. I am now using a V20 and the latest controller on it. The very first time I go to the podcast list it's updated. After that, it doesn't update.

In fact, I just went and, using my podcast management app, deleted 2/3 of the existing files for one cast. They are still listed in the SONOS app, and when I try and play one, it skips to the last remaining file, saying "FILE X does not exist". But it's still in the list! The latest file is in the folder, but not listed in your app!

Seriously guys! WHAT TRIGGERS THE RESCAN?! At this point, I am turning on my TV, casting my podcast player to it, and using the soundbar to listen to things. A bit convoluted, wouldn't you say?!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Seriously, I just used RESET CONTROLLER, re-joined, and it doesn't update. 😞