Redesign the app volume control to get a better experience

• 20 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm really in love with my Sonos system. I own Play:1, Play:3 and Play:5 and I'm considering buy more components.
The only unhappy thing I find is the volume control bar in the app (on any version: phone, tablet, desktop, etc.): I think that is such a bit difficult to precisely control the volume.
Sometimes I find hard to select the desired volume to me with the really short bar you provide in the app. It alway goes too hi or too low.
I'd rather prefer a precision wheel (or even a bar) where I could choose accurately a value from 0 to 100 (or even from zero to 250, or whatever) in order to get a better control on the amount of volume.
I hope you'll find helpful my suggestion to improve the app experience.
I think it's a question of software that you can easily manage.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, leleatma. Thank you for your post and for your feedback. We will be sure to forward this for you. As you are aware, there is no way to do this at this time but I will see to it that this is seen by the relevant parties. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
I second this feature request. Fine grain volume control is absolutely critical in work/sleep/relaxation environments. The Mac desktop app adjusts the volume very clumsily with big leaps up and down in volume. Would love to be able to input 0-100. Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Yes please make a big knob!
Thank you
Badge
leleatma, I had the same complaint, but recently found out how to change the volume in tiny increments. Just click on the line on either side of the dot in the volume bar in the app. Each click will result in the volume moving in that direction the smallest amount it can go at a time. Hope that helps!
Or if one would be able to enlarge The volume control window, it would be easier to tap on the "volume line". Else at lot volume it is not an option. A big volume turning dial, please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Always found the easiest way to control the volume is by using buttons where possible (physical volume buttons on iOS, cursor keys on desktop) to move the slider.

The big problem for me is not fine-tuning the volume, but the lack of any numeric or other visual reference to help guide you to a decent reference point, eg. when switching between daytime and evening listening levels.