Answered

Recalibrate Trueplay

• 3 January 2018
  • 10 replies

Badge
Looking for the procedure to re-run the Trueplay calibration.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 3 January 2018, 19:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Just run it again, just like the first time. See this link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3555
Badge
I have tried to run it again by using that information, but the trueplay calibration selection is not there....like since it was performed once and its gone.
If the Trueplay option is missing, you may have an app version out of sync with your firmware, or your iOS version is only partially supported.

The current software version is 8.2. Check under Settings->About My Sonos system. The versions on your app and all Sonos devices should be at least 8.2.X. If there is any mismatch (say 8.1 on the app and 8.2 on the device(s)), you need to check for updates.

The iOS version needed for full support is iOS 9 or later. If you are running anything before iOS 9,, you will have limited capabilities, including losing Trueplay.

Note: A third possibility is you are using an iPhone 8 or X. Trueplay has not been fully calibrated for the new hardware in the 8 and X. It is expected soon.
Badge
I checked and the app and all Sonos devices are at version 8.2.2
What iOS are you running?
Badge
Android version 7.0
I'm afraid Trueplay is not available on Android. Too many variations of microphones for them to assure an accurate reading. You need to use an iOS device - iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, with iOS 9 or later.
Lend a IOS and set up your speakers with trueplay. it will stick.
New member and new to sonos. Will be taking delivery today for a pair of play1. 
Do i need to set them up in stero first and the do trueplay calibration or calibrate them forst and then pai them in stereo?
New member and new to sonos. Will be taking delivery today for a pair of play1. 
Do i need to set them up in stero first and the do trueplay calibration or calibrate them forst and then pai them in stereo?

Already answered.