Question

Re Bass Adjustment Sonos Play 5

• 27 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge
Dear Sonos, I hope you read this: Just got a Sonos Play 5 for Christmas, I am pleased with how much sound comes out of the thing its brilliant, however, the app is a nightmare to use. I play a lot of dance tunes and have to adjust the Bass which seems like every other track. Please Please Please could you have the balance, treble and bass sitting above the volume control instead of having to go through the app as it is painful to keep finding and adjusting, it should be much easier to use. I also have other many issues with the App, could you make changing wireless networks more easier, its so confusing, I have two separate wireless networks at my home, i wanted to change it to the other network and it was a ball ache it needs to be simple. There are some other niggles i will post as I get more familiar with the product. Apart from the app the play 5 is an excellent speaker system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You do know that there's a shortcut to room settings off the Rooms dropdown menu? It's the gear icon bottom right.

As for changing WiFi networks, this is not something that Sonos is designed to do frequently. Why do you need to use different SSIDs for the various access points anyhow? Or are you in fact running multiple IP subnets?

You may find that life is simpler by setting the system into SonosNet mode (aka BOOST Setup) by wiring at least one component to the network. That would get the player(s) off your WiFi(s) and onto Sonos' own dedicated wireless mesh. If it's not convenient to wire a player then Sonos supply the BOOST.
Badge
I'm using the app on the iPhone seven there is no wheels on the bottom right of my phone just a pause button when a song is playing see photograph . I have a wireless access point at home I wanted to connect to
Tap where it says "FAMILY ROOM" at the top. That's the Rooms dropdown menu.