Answered

re: App / Device

• 15 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Hello, General question from a new user re two devices connected, via the Sonos App, at the same time; my wife's iPhone and my iPad. While the Sonos system works great, when my wife is playing music from her iPhone playlist, my iPad is showing the exactly the same screen as her iPhone screen. Is this standard and why does it happen: or do I have something installed incorrectly? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 15 February 2016, 18:34

Any sonos controller (phone, laptop, tablet) will show you whats currently playing out of each play unit.
If you have 2 play units, your wife can play to one, and you to the second. The controllers will show whats currently playing on both units. If you group them the same thing will play on both.
Sonos converts playlists into ques, the current playing que is seen by every controller.
Hope this helps a bit..
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Any sonos controller (phone, laptop, tablet) will show you whats currently playing out of each play unit.
If you have 2 play units, your wife can play to one, and you to the second. The controllers will show whats currently playing on both units. If you group them the same thing will play on both.
Sonos converts playlists into ques, the current playing que is seen by every controller.
Hope this helps a bit..
Thanks Paulw123, very much appreciated.