Answered

ray volume issue with tv remote

• 3 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a ray and surround sound through an amp. I paired the remote and it says it is set up on sonos app.  The volume bar goes up and down on the screen but the volume doesn’t change when using Tv remote. The sound is coming out of the sonos system and not TV speakers so it is connected but not working. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 September 2022, 03:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You haven’t said what type of TV it is, but as a guess, your remote is not properly set up to be using IR, something the Ray requires. Because optical is a one way connection, and doesn’t include any ARC information, the remote can’t use the ‘smart’ connection, but needs to be switched to IR. Check the TV’s manual on how to do this. Then, once that’s done, you’ll need to set up the remote in the Sonos controller area for that ‘room’

Bruce- the Tv is a Sony Bravia but the remote we use is a directv remote in RF mode.  Thank you for the help. I’ll switch to IR and see if I’m set to go. 

Just remember, once you switch the remote connection method, you’ll likely need to go back in to the ‘room’ in the Sonos controller and run the normal set up process for the remote again.