provide login to tunein radio service

• 22 September 2012
  • 77 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
provide the functionality to login to tunein radio service in order to access saved favourites from other devices. simple.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

77 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have to ask TuneIn to do it .. .not Sonos. Many services within Sonos require login- the services set it up themselves. TuneIn has to add their premium layer to Sonos - which they have not. TuneIn has not.

You also have option now of using TuneIn app and streaming via airplay if ios device and compatible sonos units.
Other streaming services, indeed most, seem to even require a login to initiate service. Get on the ball Sonos. This might be as simple as using the tunein longin URL FOR THE FOR THEIR LOGIN PAGE, rather than using the url for just using their non logged into service.
I support the request to have a TuneIn login within the sonos apps

Thanks
Badge +1
Yet one more vote for TuneIn login please!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! While I don't have any news on TuneIn Premium or TuneIn accounts in general becoming available on Sonos, I wanted to let you know that I've passed on your feedback to the team. They're constantly looking for what the community is interested in seeing improved.

Thanks for sharing, and please let us know if you have any other suggestions for services or features.
This critical missing feature is what prevents me from jumping back into the Sonos ecosystem. It's clear that neither TuneIn nor Sonos are interested in improving the experience. Some have tried to pass the blame to TuneIn, but if Sonos cared they would have done something about it in the past five years; TuneIn allows authentication on much less common platforms (Control4, for example).
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I would think that "TuneIn Premium" could be an available service considered separate from the "free" capability already provided. You provide your TuneIn login and are able to access all of the premium content - commercial-free music, sports, audiobooks, etc. - that comes with the Premium service. It would be just for premium content, nothing else. Anything free would still be under "Radio by TuneIn" or however it's labeled (I'm not at home right now so I can't see).

However, the OP of this topic was just looking for a way to be able to log into the TuneIn service (premium wasn't an option 4 years ago; I think it just started one or two ago), in order to maintain access to their TuneIn Favorites (which they may be setting on another device) and other personalized content/recommendations.
I'm certainly in agreement, I want this. That being said, I have to imagine that there's some sort of issue involved, perhaps with the fact that they provide TuneIn free to all users. I don't claim to be a programmer, but even if they were to add it as a separate plugin, it might be easier to do? I've no clue as to how it currently is integrated, other than everyone gets it as part of the base Sonos software package. It's the premium content (MLB!) that I want.
This is a four year old thread that is still not resolved. Where are your product people that are worrying about user experiences?:8
This seems like a glaring omission. I imagine it's going to be more difficult now that the Sonos manages it's own tune in favorite stations. Makes me not even want to use the service. I
Thanks for pointing me out here what is the status. Well it is hard to see what is input from a forum-member or a well informed Sonos-member.
What I see is, that this point is ongoing for years now and that the conclusion is we need to go to the window of Tune-in.

Well, Tune-In obviously isn't interested to open that window for you. If a member with 2264 contributions to the forum doesn't count as well-informed you are left to read through the SonosLab documentation
I referred to in my post.
Thanks for pointing me out here what is the status. Well it is hard to see what is input from a forum-member or a well informed Sonos-member.
What I see is, that this point is ongoing for years now and that the conclusion is we need to go to the window of Tune-in.
Please provide Tune-in Pro login, or explain, when, why, what, why not. Please Sonos inform us.
You haven't read the next to last comment, have you? I'll assist ...

TuneIn need to apply via Sonos Music Partners - IE TuneIn need to do the work. Nothing whatsoever to do with Sonos. [...]
Here you go.
Please provide Tune-in Pro login, or explain, when, why, what, why not. Please Sonos inform us.
Any update to this? New to Sonos but already identified this as a flaw
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It should not be difficult to set up. More and more disappointed by the consumer service offered by Sonos: No windows Phone Support, no xbox music support, no tune in account support.... What are you waiting for to keep us at least informed of your projects ?

Windows phone makes sense, that's a huge waste of their time, due to very few that use it, but it seems like the TuneIn Support should be so easy.

TuneIn need to apply via Sonos Music Partners - IE TuneIn need to do the work. Nothing whatsoever to do with Sonos.

Good luck in getting a response from TuneIn
It should not be difficult to set up. More and more disappointed by the consumer service offered by Sonos: No windows Phone Support, no xbox music support, no tune in account support.... What are you waiting for to keep us at least informed of your projects ?

Windows phone makes sense, that's a huge waste of their time, due to very few that use it, but it seems like the TuneIn Support should be so easy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As a new user of Sonos (Yesterday) I am also very surprised and disappointed that Tunein Pro is not available. ): May it soon be upon us :)

That'll be TuneIn you need to talk to then.
As a new user of Sonos (Yesterday) I am also very surprised and disappointed that Tunein Pro is not available. ): May it soon be upon us 🙂
+1 to all this
Badge
Seems silly to promote TuneIn's service by including it in the Sonos app and then not alow users to use their TuneIn service.
Same here. Would love to have all my favorites. Please implement this.
Badge
I also would like to add in this thread.
Common guys at Sonos. Fix this please!
Yeah its ridiculous, that the login to my tuneIn account is not possible yet - please implement that soon!!!!
It is a bit overdue...
I'm with the crowd that wishes to use my TuneInPro credentials. Crazy we can't. TuneIn acts like its embedded on the motherboard of the Sonos system. Why not allow users to add TuneIn (pro?) as a service like Pandora, and the others? Why not?   Aggravating to say the least. 

Same here just got two Play 5 and was shocked when found out not login menu its available with the TuneIn radio app. I am a TuneIn Radio Pro user and have 100's of stations saved as my favorite. This defeat the purpose of having favorite station if you cannot use your pro account. Please if any Moderator from Sonos see this thread help us out we need this feature on Sonos