provide login to tunein radio service

• 22 September 2012
  • 77 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
provide the functionality to login to tunein radio service in order to access saved favourites from other devices. simple.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

77 replies

Please make this happen!
Really??? This has been here over a year and Sonos still didn't find out a solution to add TuneIn login feature? Also, the TuneIn radio formats are really limited... it only supports mp3, wma and aac.... if your broadcaster uses a different format, forget it: you won't listen it via Sonos.... sucks...
Years pass and Sonos does NOTHING about this request (that shows in various social media) !!! Why on Earth can something so simple not be implemented? It's making the brand look bad. This is the only TuneIn API that does not allow log in and as explained in this forum (for 2 to 3 years) people have different reasons to classify their stations (genre, location, family members, etc.) TUNE IN LOG IN SONOS! get it! Equally bad that lack of sync' with STITCHER to pick up where one left it playing in a gadgets. Sonos does not pick up where one left it. THESE 2 ARE VERY POPULAR APPS WITH MANY USERS. PLEASE GET IT DONE! ...anyone at Sonos reading this?
Please add this.
Next century maybe.... 😞
Userlevel 1
Another request for this feature. Please add this, thanks!
Oh not missing the point at all. Since the Sonos team is already using the TuneIn API to get music, it should be relatively simple to add login functionality (as compared to adding a totally new service).
The Sonos decision-maker team have ignored the TuneIn log-in capacity GROUP REQUEST for years ...upsetting.
Badge
Oh not missing the point at all. Since the Sonos team is already using the TuneIn API to get music, it should be relatively simple to add login functionality (as compared to adding a totally new service).
Yes, two years now, and still, I cannot use my own TuneIn account on SONOS.
If Sonos Research & Developments Team are notified of every comment and like of each thread, why they havnen't done anything about being able to use Tunein own account?.. NO BRAINER!
If Sonos Research & Developments Team are notified of every comment and like of each thread, why they havnen't done anything about being able to use Tunein own account?.. NO BRAINER!
i dont think the windows app lets you sign in as well....could be a tunein thing
Badge
No, the PC app does not let you sign into TuneIn as well. But this is not a TuneIn thing, I can easily sign into TuneIn on a PC by using a browser like Chrome.
Badge
Indeed, this is what I received in an email from Sonos "Hello, Thank you for your enhancement request. While not all requests are added to a release they are all helpful in determining the direction of future releases. Keep the good ideas coming! Sincerely, James C. Sonos Beta team" In other words, this sounds like a good idea (we have never heard of it in the past two years), but forget about it, we'll never implement it.
Badge
I think ByronM was saying that it should be easy to add the login, as they are already using their API.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Response from TuneIn:

Hello,

We are working with Sonos to implement this feature as many users, like yourself, are requesting it. Unfortunately we do not have a release date as of yet, but you're welcome to check in with us at any time. 
Badge
Thank you! This is something more concrete than what Sonos said.
Three years after the initial request... still no TuneIn Pro Login and not even a reply or explanation why SONOS does not want, or is unable to provide this feature. VERY DISAPPOINTING, indeed. I bought my SONOS equipment specifically because I want to listen to my TuneIn Pro streams.
Badge
I'm with the crowd that wishes to use my TuneInPro credentials. Crazy we can't. TuneIn acts like its embedded on the motherboard of the Sonos system. Why not allow users to add TuneIn (pro?) as a service like Pandora, and the others? Why not?   Aggrevating to say the least. 
I can't believe this isn't already implemented. After seeing Sonos was Tunein compatible I promptly set up all my stations on the PC while waiting for the Play:1 to arrive... and here I am lamenting the time I spent as I don't have much motivation to do it all again. Sonos, why?
Badge
I'm with the crowd that wishes to use my TuneInPro credentials. Crazy we can't. TuneIn acts like its embedded on the motherboard of the Sonos system. Why not allow users to add TuneIn (pro?) as a service like Pandora, and the others? Why not?   Aggravating to say the least. 

Aggravating indeed