provide login to tunein radio service

• 22 September 2012
  • 77 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
provide the functionality to login to tunein radio service in order to access saved favourites from other devices. simple.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

77 replies

You already use TuneIn for streaming radio access, so you're already using their API.
ByronM misses the point. It is well known that we are using the TuneIn API. What this request is specifically asking for is the facility to login to TuneIn and access saved favorites from other devices.
Oh not missing the point at all. Since the Sonos team is already using the TuneIn API to get music, it should be relatively simple to add login functionality (as compared to adding a totally new service).
Userlevel 1
I just jumped to Sonos from Squeezebox. I miss this functionality. Plus, it'd be nice to be in sync with TuneIn on my iOS devices.
Badge
I am a registered user of Tunein. Is there any way to log into my account in the Sonos application? This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Tunein Radio.
I can not install my tunein pro. if you do not install it I can not hear my radios from other country. HELP
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yeah. Totally. Need this functionality. Duplication of favorites lists on the same service in this day and age is ridiculous...
I've asked for this a couple of times, and as all above stated. We badly need this 🙂
Userlevel 1
I can't imagine why Sonos does not add support for accessing a user's TuneIn favorites. Many users want their radio bookmarks have syncronized across all their devices and a TuneIn-account is the right place for that. There would be no must to use this functionality but it would be a great improvement.
Userlevel 1
Another vote for TuneIn login please!!!!! 
Userlevel 1
Badge
I just set up my Sonos yesterday. My two main sources of music are Apple iTunes Match/Apple Radio and TuneIn Radio. I'm disappointed that neither work well. It would be nice at least if I could log into my TuneIn Radio account to access my favorites.
Userlevel 1
come on sonos, is this really so difficult?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sonos - Could we PLEASE get this tunein account login feature for Xmas?! Should be a synch. You guys need to be ahead of the curve on stuff like this, not behind it
Userlevel 1
Badge
This is a must have improvement.  The stripped down version of Tunein is just not good enough.  Why should I have to re-create all my favorite radio stations.  I'm not even sure that podcasts are available.  This can't be a difficult fix.
Userlevel 1
Badge
A long time user of Tunein Pro and new Sonos user, but want to log into my account in the Sonos application. Please make this happen.
Need Full functionality for tune-in ASAP. Otherwise it reduces the value of the service.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Such poor customer service on this topic.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It is disappointing that Sonos is so silent on this topic.  Such poor customer care.
It should not be difficult to set up. More and more disappointed by the consumer service offered by Sonos: No windows Phone Support, no xbox music support, no tune in account support.... What are you waiting for to keep us at least informed of your projects ?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Tech companies that are slow to respond soon get replaced.  Here is an idea... the Sonos software should include a line-in function that would allow the feed of computer/laptop/tablet generated audio into the Sonos software so that it could be listened to through the Sonos system.  That way I could listen to the tunein radio I want, plus my podcasts and my iTunes. A line-in exists but it is for audio feed coming from my CD player.
Yah, I have multiple devices logged into TuneIn and really need to access my favorites from that on the Sonos. Please? 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks James! Do you know the timing on this great improvement.
Userlevel 1
Badge
The other day I received the following email from James, a Sonos employee...

"Sonos to Support Tune in Accounts"

Did anyone else get this message?  I asked him about timing, but so far no response. Good news if it is true.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Mark,

I don't think "Sonos to Support Tune In Accounts" is a statement from Sonos.

It just seems to be the name of another forum-user-created idea that has been merged into this one.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Would love to see this feature too. At the moment when I want to save a radio station, I'm having to do it in two places - on my Sonos, and in my TuneIn account.