Answered

Protecting one

• 28 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm moving into a flat next year with three flatmates. I'd ideally like to set up my three Play:1 speakers like this: one in the kitchen, one in the living room and one in my bedroom.

I want my flatmates to be able to control the two in the communal areas without being able to control the one in my bedroom. However, I also want to control all three myself.

Is there a way to set up the system like this?
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 28 November 2018, 12:15

in a word no. You could set up the one in your room on another wifi connection by using a travel router. But you would have to switch the controller device onto that network too. It would be a faff but is possible. There is currently no password option per speaker or even for the full set up.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +19
in a word no. You could set up the one in your room on another wifi connection by using a travel router. But you would have to switch the controller device onto that network too. It would be a faff but is possible. There is currently no password option per speaker or even for the full set up.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings