Question

Problems with Sonos control app

• 19 October 2019
  • 4 replies

The app is a real problem  first accessing my account is not working at all, and the updates are not showing. But the biggest issue is that when you do update the app, it seems to be getting worse. Please sort this out a good system let down by a lack of lateral thinking with the app. 

4 replies

Lots of confusion here after reading your post.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by “accessing my account”? You don’t normally access your account, it’s set up one time when you install the speakers, after that, there’s no “accessing” involved.

When you say “it seems to be getting worse”, could you tell us exactly what “it” is?

I’m going to hazard a guess that you’re having trouble with your controller connecting to the Sonos speakers on your wifi, which is usually associated with [url=https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286]wifi interference[/url]. However, if it is noticed more after an update, it’s entirely possible that you’ve got an issue with your router handing out bad IP addresses, which get fixed after several days when the lease expires and gets renewed. You can do a short term fix by unplugging your Sonos devices, and then rebooting the router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in. If that helps, you’d probably want to look in to how to reserve IP addresses for your devices in your router, something that usually requires a quick read of the router’s manual. 

Sorry for the ambiguous description, when in settings you use your account the page does not open  I restarted the app and the same thing happened, if you can suggest something that would be marvellous  Many thanks 

I would suggest you contact [url=https://www.sonos.com/contact/contact-options%23]Sonos Support[/url] directly to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Many thanks I will do so tomorrow  my son is sure it's something I have done  

Thank you for your help and patience 

Ian