Question

problems update from 11.0 to 11.1

• 23 April 2020
  • 5 replies

The sonos app v 11.0 on my adroid tablet indicated that there was an update available. It indicated that i could update later but it failed to do anything without updating. After updating to 11.1 it fails to connect to my connect and keeps telling me that i need to update to 11.1 . So i saw no other option than to remove the app and reinstall 11.0. V11.0 worked fine until it again wants to update to 11.1.

So it seems that i cannot use my tablet at the moment to control the connect. 

My android phone still has v11.0 and is still working fine but i am worried that it also soon wants to update the app.

Anyone suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

A miracle happened!

Everything works again.

Sounds like you may have an issue with wifi interference and your CONECT being able to connect to the update servers. I’d certainly suggest a Wi-Fi refresh, by unplugging all your Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. Once the router recovers, plug your Sonos devices back in. 

11.1 is a system update, not just an app update. After you update the app it will want to update the system. Go to Settings,  System, System Updates. 

John,

Yes that is correct. It also wants to update the connect. I tried to do this a few times but it continues to come back and says that the connect needs an update so somehow this updating fails.

Any suggestions?

I can see that the current version of my connect software is 10.6.1