Problem with the ios app - the selected zone keep changing

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I've only noticed this happening when I'm using the iPad app and it definitely only starting happening over the last month or so...

I’m in the lounge which is a pair of Play1s and was listening to a radio station and was controlling it with the sonos app on my iPad. The Sonos app is left full screen and the iPad allowed to go into sleep mode. The same radio station is still playing in the lounge with no problems.

When I then power the iPad back up again the Sonos app is now showing Master Bedroom and a different radio station and the Play button is visible because that Zone isn't playing. If you don't notice this and press the play button (thinking you're pressing stop) then it starts of the Master Bedroom zone.

It's always the Master Bedroom that it swaps to when it goes wrong like this. The Master Bedroom is the next in the list of zones but I hardly ever use that zone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Don't know if it's related, but I have an annoying problem on the iPad app with the new-ish "confirm location before playback" setting randomly turning itself back on ie. resetting to default. The only solution I got from Sonos was to uninstall / reinstall the app (didn't work).

My guess is that there's an issue with the official iOS app - and crucially app-specific settings - forgetting or resetting user choices. If you switch to a different controller (3rd party, PC/Mac desktop app) does the problem persist? Of course, if it's an intermittent fault where settings are randomly reset after 2 hours / 2 days / 2 weeks, then troubleshooting is going to be really difficult.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I only ever use the ipad app in the lounge and I don’t use it in any other zone to be honest. The radio station had been playing for about half an hour when I woke the ipad up to stop playback due to wanting to answer a phone call. So some time in that half an hour it has forgotten that it was playing the lounge zone. The app was still showing in full screen but had changed to a different zone.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I believe that ‘background app refresh’ was disabled for the Sonos app. If so, could this be the cause?