Problem with songs skipping to next song before done

• 15 January 2018
  • 8 replies

I am using my iPad to access the Sonos app. I am trying to listen to an album and the songs keep skipping to the next song before they are done??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What is the source of the album? Does it happen across multiple sources? How do you have your speaker connected, ethernet or wifi? Does it happen frequently?
I am playing iTunes via the Sonos app
the songs only skip forward on my iPad; and not on my iPhone X
I think that you mean you're playing music "on this iPad"? If so, then what's likely happening is that the source device, in this case your iPad, is temporarily losing connection to the internet. I've just seen a thread in which someone turned off both Wifi assist and bluetooth, and it seemed to help them. These are both Apple settings, not Sonos settings.

The other thing I might suggest is that you try rebooting the iPad. There is a slight possibility that you've got a duplicate IP address on the iPad, which might get cleared up by a reboot.

But since this is only happening on the iPad, the issue is certainly with the connection to the iPad. The way the Sonos system works is the controller is a remote control, and tells the speaker where to go to get the music. The computer in the speaker then reaches out to wherever it has been told to to get the music, in this case, on your iPad, although it could be an NAS, a hard drive on your computer, or a music stream on the internet. But the controller app isn't in the middle. It just tells the speaker what to do, at that point, it's the speaker, and wherever the music is.
Thanks...I will try your suggestion! 🙂
Thanks...I will try your suggestion! :-)

Did the reboot work since mine is doing the same?
Oh these threads are such a great resource. I'm so happy I have gone through 10 Sonos threads already with peiple explaining the exact same issue with not one mention of a solution other than dump crap like restart your phone.

There needs to be a list, one, two, three, four, five, and so on! A list from a Sonos pro that describes the issue and describes the solution step by step. Why does Sonos need to be so complicated. Why is there so many darn threads found on Google with un resolved issues! I can stream Google play to my Bluetooth speakers all day long with not a single problem.. Yet I can't play Sonos through my phone to my network to my Sonos without the song skipping to the next around the 2 minute mark. Your solution is not working!
Ok I figured it out and it wasn't a Sonos issue per say. The way I stopped the songs from skipping to the next one half way through was by logging into the backend of my Asus ac88u router and changing the option on the Lan - > DHCP Server page called "Enable Manual Assignment" to No.. It was set to yes before and the moment I changed this option and saved the settings, Sonos now plays complete songs without skipping.