Problem when searching for Album Titles which are the same

• 24 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have come across a search 'problem' I haven't encountered before.
I have multiple albums with the same title - they are by different artists but the albums are from the same series. Eg:

[2003] LateNightTales {Artist = Nightmares on Wax}
[2007] LateNightTales {Artist = Nouvelle Vague
[2007] LateNightTales {Artist = Fatboy Slim}
[2011] LateNightTales {Artist = MGMT}
[2011] LateNightTales {Artist = Trentemøller}

NB: The {curly} brackets are not in the album title - they are there to show you the artists while I explain the problem

When I search for the term "LateNight" I only get...

[2003] LateNightTales {Artist = Nightmares on Wax}
[2007] LateNightTales {Artist = Nouvelle Vague
[2011] LateNightTales {Artist = MGMT}

As the 2007 and 2011 album titles are duplicate.

I could adjust the title and add the artist name to it to get out of trouble, but I would prefer if I didn't have to.

Is this fixable?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
is this fixable?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Having been a Sonos user for a little over three years the time has come to post on these forums. Having just been frusted by this particular problem and it braking the camel's back in the list issues here comes number one. Please can we have the sort of album titles include Artist name as a second level sort.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, astrobboy and Ralpfocus. Thanks for raising this. There is currently no way around this but we will be sure to forward this to our software product development team. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Many thanks.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thanks
Edward R, thanks for the reply. This is not an optional fix - each of these albums needs to show up separately. Please push this with the software development team. I really am flummoxed that it would not have been a 1.0 feature.