Pressing Play and Nothing Happens

Have you ever pressed the play button and Sonos thinks and then nothing happens? No music - nothing. It just goes back to show the "play" arrow. It's like groundhog day. I do it all over again and get the same result. This is odd - it was working just fine yesterday :S

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Does the LED flash orange when you press the Play button on the speaker?
What are you playing to Sonos exactly? Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music?
Have you tried another station/source? Can you try Radio by TuneIn?
Great questions!??
Yes - speakers are connected
Playing KBCO studio C on Tunedin
Yep, tried others sources and nothing works
I restarted the modem - no luck
What else do you have up your sleeve?
Don't restart the modem, power cycle the router, and the speaker, too.

Are you pressing play on the controller, or on the speaker?

Have you tried playing another station other than KBCO to see if it's an issue with that station? Have you tried playing music from some other source than TuneIn?
It's an iHeart radio station, have you tried the iHeart Radio plugin for Sonos, rather than the TuneIn plugin?
I’ve tried different stations and different inputs. I’ve tried to play both from my iPhone app and my desktop. Nothing works.

I press play, there is a twirling icon to indicate that it is working, then 5 seconds later the play button reappears.
Are you trying to "play" from TuneIn? That won't work. You must install the iHeart radio plugin.
I have the plug-in and it’s been working for years but all the sudden it stopped! I’ve also tried other inputs such as Apple Music and the music that’s on my phone none of them work. I think I’m going to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling
Never a horrible idea. Since all of the "data" is stored on your speaker, uninstalling the controller and reinstalling it can't hurt.
I have unplugged the controller and replugged it, Still doing the same thing. Click here to see https://youtu.be/8oHa5CIweDY
See for yourself
You're still trying to play it from TuneIn. iHeart radio removed all of their content from TuneIn, you must use the iHeart radio plug in on your Sonos.