Preset buttons for different Volume - Music Source - Room combinations

• 10 March 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies
I would need a possibility to save behind some preset buttons as bookmarks level of volume and Music Sources for different rooms. For example I could have a "TV set" for listening to TV in two rooms at certain volume level. Then preset button "Radio" could put a certain radio channel to every Play:5 except those in children's rooms.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Great idea. Would be good if sliders remembered volumes I.e. Bathroom is always a little louder (20%) than hallway and living room is always 40% more than all others.
Yes, I've had Sonos since 2004 and can't believe I'm still waiting for this simple feature. It has always taken way too many clicks to get music going the way I want it. Presets like "Evening Dinner" or "Weekend Morning" where I can specify zones, volume, and music would be awesome! Bose just announced their competing system and they are doing presets from the start.
+1.  I have Sonos all around my house and I use it for my TV.  Having to regroup everything and adjust the volumes accordingly could be made easier.  The flexibility of this system is amazing.  Now the apps need to catch up.
+1.  I have a Sound Bar in the family room and a Sonos 1 in the adjacent kitchen.   The sonos 1 is wthin a few feet of the kitchen table.  At dinner, I group the two together, but then have to lower the volume of the kitchen speaker b/c of proximithy to the table, and raise the volume of the Sound Bar.  This is nearly a daily routine.  I would like a preset button, that groups the two speakers, and sets the volumes for each to a preset level.
Userlevel 1
Badge
+1.  I have Sonos all around my house and I use it for my TV.  Having to regroup everything and adjust the volumes accordingly could be made easier.  The flexibility of this system is amazing.  Now the apps need to catch up.

Exactly. Loads of people are so keen for this to be added.

Please, listen Sonos.

Having ability to access presets via widgets on a lock screen would be icing on the cake!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
As a part of my original problem of missing volume preset buttons is the fact that having Sonos amplifiers for ceiling speakers and Play:5s the volume level between them should be different all the time. Could Sonos engineers at least make it possible? For example I would like to fix Play:5 to have in reality only 75% of the volume level of the set master volume level. That way I could use the master volume all the time without the need for decreasing volume of Play:5s every time. That feature doesn't affect the user interface of Sonos Application. That feature can be in the path Settings - Room Settings - Speaker (room) - EQ. One more little slider there - please!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
As a part of my original problem of missing volume preset buttons is the fact that having Sonos amplifiers for ceiling speakers and Play:5s the volume level between them should be different all the time. Could Sonos engineers at least make it possible? For example I would like to fix Play:5 to have in reality only 75% of the volume level of the set master volume level. That way I could use the master volume all the time without the need for decreasing volume of Play:5s every time. That feature doesn't affect the user interface of Sonos Application. That feature can be in the path Settings - Room Settings - Speaker (room) - EQ. One more little slider there - please!

Yes, I would love something like this to bias out my Connect Amps. Their volume levels are way different from the rest of the Sonos Speakers. Basically i set my Sonos speakers at a volume of 25-40% and to get basically the same on the Connect Amps i set them to 60-70%. Being able to set a bias for the Cnnect Amps of -30% would then allow me to basically set volumes the same for all speakers in a group!