Answered

Predefined group feature request

• 5 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi... I would love to have a feature where I can predefine a group of players and be able to play to this group... I have a two story house with 11individual players, and it would be perfect to have a predefined group for first floor and second floor. It would make it so much easier compared to the current where I have to choose between the individual players to make my group...

Hopefully some others out there also find this feature request important so it will be implemented some day...

Best regards to you all
Bo Urskov
icon

Best answer by Edward R 7 March 2018, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is an ability with Sonos sequencr. And there is also a website you can predefined them and automatically group via alexa
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please see my post in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-group-command-6792363/index2.html#post16289916
Badge +2
Have asked for this years ago for use with alarms (turn on Music in the morning in bedroom+bathroom group)
This feature is the highest on my list of missing features from SONOS. As a Philips Hue user, where the feature is present, I find the fact that SONOS hasn't included it surprising. Please include it in an upcoming release to make SONOS a world-class perfect application. Thanks
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
That's definitely another request we can pass on melvimbe. If a feature like this were to be integrated though, Alexa would definitely be a factor to take into account.
Edward, I think you know this already, but it would be particularly helpful if the predefined group name can be used with Alexa voice commands.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Welcome to the community, bourskov83. I can definitely see the benefit of this, particularly on larger systems. I'd be happy to forward this as a feature request. Please let me know if you need anything else.