Pre-announcement of 5.4

Show first post

147 replies

Thanks it might be that. I have changed my email address a couple of times for sonos over the last few years
Badge
Seems I have the same problem as JohnG and kinetic.

I am unable to update the 5.4 beta app (controller or hw) to try out the radio features etc.

After joining the beta program I have received the original "Welcome to Sonos Beta 5.4" email with the Android link but seems this is the same (original) 5.4 apk as from the Beta download page. After re-installing with this controller I still see the "Update available" notification at the top of the Sonos app that directs me to a web site message reading that I should update the controller from some email link I guess I should have received from Sonos. The process seems to be broken so maybe just need to wait until the official release :(

UPDATE: Received the beta update link from Sonos support that I could use to update the software (controller / hw) so now works 🙂
Sonos has just released what sound like a final beta version before the formal 5.4 release.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Anyone getting a warning to update but no email. Or anyone got the last six letters of the latest update. Or am I getting a false update error. I am on 29590191?

I am getting zones dropping out from linked group?
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
Same here. Update required and no email.
Update link in app still refuses to work.
tpgkyt
Yes on both counts.
The update message is from this morning on the Android, but no email.
I have a support request email out for both issues.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I went to the Beta page from my phone, logged in & downloaded the Android client. No more Update warning.
Thanks, worked for me too.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I went to the Beta page from my phone, logged in & downloaded the Android client. No more Update warning.

Thanks, worked for me, too.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
5.4 Controller for iOS now released.
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
It seems both companies have been working on it since Dec/Jan. Maybe it took until now to get it done? Better to integrate it now than in a beta for 5.5.Or maybe not. Always thought it strange to add that functionality within a beta so close to full release.
Weird to release 5.4 without the Spotify and yet the 5.4 beta is still running with different functionality.
Version management must be getting confusing. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Not seeing any great changes in 5.4. TuneIn Radio artwork and icons still terribly low res, and not hearing any discernible difference in sound quality from tweaked Play 1s or Sub. Still no iOS widget or support for Apple Watch. Emperor's New Clothes?
Userlevel 6
Badge +13
It's a bit confusing now because beforehand 5.4 beta testers would know what was in the released version, but it's not so clear now.
Do Spotify tracks no longer have a small Spotify icon in the queue?
They don't in the beta but did in the previous version. It's not easy knowing which tracks Radio is available for either.
Not seeing any great changes in 5.4. TuneIn Radio artwork and icons still terribly low res, and not hearing any discernible difference in sound quality from tweaked Play 1s or Sub. Still no iOS widget or support for Apple Watch. Emperor's New Clothes?

Tunein icons look pretty hires to me:

[img]http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/Majik394/Screenshot_2015-07-13-19-12-43.png[/img]

And there has never been any mention of an iOS widget or Apple Watch support as being part of v.5.4 so I'm baffled as to why you thought they might be included.

OTOH things which were mentioned like improved Google Play Music experience, better queue shuffle management, etc. are there.

Cheers,

Keith
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Not on an iPad Air they don't. Not just radio station artwork, the blue genre icons in TuneIn Radio are awful.
Update: I tried a hard reset of my iPad, and Sonos has now updated artwork in TuneIn Radio, and it's looking much better now.
Badge +4
Not on an iPad Air they don't. Not just radio station artwork, the blue genre icons in TuneIn Radio are awful.
Update: I tried a hard reset of my iPad, and Sonos has now updated artwork in TuneIn Radio, and it's looking much better now.

I had the same problem, but a standard switch off and on fixed it.
Badge +7
System requirements state that ios 6 is supported but I can't install this update on my ipod touch OS 6. All my other ios devices updated ok.
System requirements state that ios 6 is supported but I can't install this update on my ipod touch OS 6. All my other ios devices updated ok.
I had no problems updating to 5.4 from the iTunes app store on my iTouch 4G running iOS 6.1.6.

Try deleting the controller app and reinstalling.
Badge +7
I had no problems updating to 5.4 from the iTunes app store on my iTouch 4G running iOS 6.1.6.

Try deleting the controller app and reinstalling.

thanks ratty will do
Userlevel 2
I had the same problem, but a standard switch off and on fixed it.

Same solution worked for me!