Possible to downgrade?

• 28 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I use the Mac desktop Sonos app. It prompted me to upgrade today, so I did. Only now it won't work at all because it says I need to update my OS. I don't want to update my OS – it'll kill Photoshop, for a start, and I can't afford to drop hundreds of pounds replacing software. It's not as if it's an ancient OS anyway.

Everything was working fine yesterday. Can I just roll back to that point somehow?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Just so I've been clear. I am running 10.10.5 on my laptop (and the update has killed Sonos) and 10.12.6 on my desktop (which I am not going to upgrade Sonos on now!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's not as if it's an ancient OS anyway.
Apple dropped all support for 10.10 nearly two years ago, which appears to be roughly the point at which Sonos deprecates support for its controllers on a given OS release.

Can I just roll back to that point somehow?

Provided you haven't updated the firmware on your Sonos speakers from one of your other controller devices, you could probably revert to your previous version of the controller from one of your backups, e.g., Time Machine. It won't be available directly from Sonos.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
So the horse has bolted on this unless you can find a backup as suggested or a helpful site that stores old version of the Sonos desktop software (macdownload.informer.com might do this but I make no warrenty about the safety, integrity , etc etc of this site) I keep a copy of all versions of key software downloads like Sonos just in case.This though will often / normally only work if you haven't updated the Speaker firmware.