Poor S2 application

• 12 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Is there ever going to be decent Sonos applications on macOS and iOS ?

Take a search - i put in the the name of an artist, click the artist then it just shows me a long list of random crap. Why cannot it be show as separate areas for Songs, albums etc as the search for any other streaming service does ?

Getting to a specific playlist in Apple Music takes 4 clicks of the mouse !

There is no view to show the bitrate that the stream is playing at.

I love the sound from my Sonos Amp, but wondering if it’s time to start moving onto something else.

Anyone know of any alternatives ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If it helps anyone i’m now using https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Allows me to use a better UI such as Marvis Pro and the initiate playback on the Sonos via shortcut.

Roon shows what could be possible but sadly no Apple Music access.

Yeah probably true i’d imagine.

Tried Airplay twice today and took out the network stack of my mac and needed a forced reboot.

S2 app work any better with Tidal, Qobuz ?

Though perhaps they could source their own metadata and then query the service ? 

Roon seems to manage it.

Blame the service. They implement the search, on their own back-end servers. Sonos simply displays what it’s been given. 

I tried that i,e, put in artist and then chose albums - results seemed hit and miss

Userlevel 7

On the S2 iOS app, you can specifically search by artist, song, album, playlist, station, genre, podcast & show, and episode.

Being able to see the current bitrate would be a nice feature though.