Please stop encouraging me to upgrade to S2

• 8 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Look guys, I really like my sonos system, I've got speakers all over the house... They're all older S1 compatible components. They all work and I'm happy with the system as it is right now. I don't have plans to spend a lot of money to replace equipment that is functioning so would you please just stop constantly trying to get me to switch to S2?

This incesante encouragement is an annoyance and is doing the opposite of convincing me to buy more Sonos equipment. It's a major turn off.

Please, do me and you a favor and please just stop trying to convince me that I need to get rid of functioning equipment. Stop the S2 upgrade messages and banners, please!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Have you tried this?.

Userlevel 2

Yes

Userlevel 2

Even though I have set the app to continue using S1 the app shows the upgrade banner or pushes the compatibility check every few weeks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That “solution” doesn’t work.

S2 brings nothing useful to my system, but does close options of Sonos hardware I might use if I bought it used.

@Sonos help us get rid of the annoying notification!