Answered

Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!

• 18 November 2015
  • 26 replies

Badge +1
On this moment I have a Playbar, two play 3s and a sub. It sounds great! but it would be very nice if there is a future to make a setup, and create a shortcut to that setup. I give an example:

In my case when I watch TV the volume of the Sub is under 50% of his power. The surround speakers are calibrated as left speaker near 0,6 m right speaker more away 3m. Volume 65% and in ambient modus With this settings I have the best surround effects.

When I listen to music, the Sub is above 50% of his power. The surround speakers are calibrated as left speaker 3 m right speaker 3m. and in “full” modus With this settings I have the best sound to play loud music.

Now when I want to play music I need to [open Sonos-app -- tap left corner -- tap left corner again -- tap settings -- tap settings room -- tab Livingroom -- tap advanced audio -- tap calibrating audio (and walk through the wizard) -- tap back -- tap settings SUB -- change the volume. -- tap back -- tap surround -- tap full -- adjust volume.

When I want to watch TV, I need to go through the same process again. It would be REALY helpful if I can just make some settings, safe them and use a shortcut to activate them!

Another problem is when you want to use your Sub in two room settings. Example. When watch TV you use the Sub in the Livingroom TV profile, so he play’s with the playbar and the surround speakers. Then in you open kitchen you have some play 5s for music, but if you want to play music in the kitchen, you cannot use the sub (who is basically in the same room cause it is an open kitchen. ) If you want to use the Sub, you must takeout the Sub form your TV setting, and join the sub to the Kitchen setting. And when you want to watch TV you have to do that all over again.

So the big question: “Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!”

For the rest…… Sonos rules!!!! I really like the products and the sound! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 23 August 2016, 22:37

View original

Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Badge +1
Yesterday I bought two play 1's, So I have almost all players in my home. For my music I want to add 2 play 5s as main speakers, instead of the playbar. But I can anly do that when I can add the Sub to the new group. I do not want to ungroup the sub and add him to the Play5s when I play music and put them back to the TV when I want to use the playbar setting.....

PLZ Sonos, tell me IF and when this future will be availible in the software???
Badge +1
**bump** Sonos? Why I do not get an answer?
The best you'd get is a "thank you for your suggestion". Sonos don't publish their development plans.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Bump, this is definitely needed.
Badge +1
The best you'd get is a "thank you for your suggestion". Sonos don't publish their development plans.

Is there somewhere a place where we can read about the new plans?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yeah, would be nice to know if they're working on this or not, pretty essential feature.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Bumping and +1 etc.

Every day I find myself missing the availability for various "presets" on how I want to control the speakers. Examples of some presets I would have had:
- Watching TV; ungroup the playbar from any other speakers, set the volume to a predefined value and play TV as source.
- Playing music to all speakers in the combined living room / kitchen; basically a predefined group / volume.
- Listen to podcasts in bed; ungroup bedroom speaker, set a predefined volume, with the source to a Chromecast Audio I have as line-in elsewhere in the system.

etc.
Badge +1
*** Bump *** Hello Sonos? are you really reading this topics?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
*** Bump *** Hello Sonos? are you really reading this topics?

They do read the topics as you very well know if you even bothered to take a cursory glance at the board. Do you think puerile and immature comments like that will help?

At the end of the day this is a similar request that has been requested for a time by many posters and it isn't an unreasonable request by any stretch. However, 2 things to note:-

1) Sonos won't provide us, nor you, with a roadmap so we may or may not see action on this.
2) It is virtually beyond trivial, in my opinion at least, to make groupings on the fly - it is so easy to do that it is very hard to see why adding extra clutter to the UI would actually make any noticeable difference to the process
Badge +1
[quote=Stuart_W]

They do read the topics as you very well know if you even bothered to take a cursory glance at the board. Do you think puerile and immature comments like that will help?

At the end of the day this is a similar request that has been requested for a time by many posters and it isn't an unreasonable request by any stretch. However, 2 things to note:-

Dear miss,

Do you thing someone is waiting for a moralist or a smartass? Sonos sells very expensive audio equipment, on their own phone helpdesk they say you have to use the forum, and there will be an answer. If this question asked so many times... it should be a bit time to answer this question. That is how you treat your customers.

And you expect to get a Sonos for free? by trying to get in good graces with Sonos?
Some months ago we had the following exchange:

I'm not sure what part of "Sonos don't publish their development plans" you're having trouble with. It already addressed your follow-up query of "where we can read about the new plans?". You can't, by definition of the phrase "not published".
Badge +1
Some months ago we had the following exchange:

I'm not sure what part of "Sonos don't publish their development plans" you're having trouble with. It already addressed your follow-up query of "where we can read about the new plans?". You can't, by definition of the phrase "not published".

I rader like to get an answer from SonoS, not a suggestion from another user.... 😉 Simple because I want to buy 2 play 5s.... but I can't if this option is not comming....
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
[quote=Siemp]

Dear miss,

Do you thing someone is waiting for a moralist or a smartass? Sonos sells very expensive audio equipment, on their own phone helpdesk they say you have to use the forum, and there will be an answer. If this question asked so many times... it should be a bit time to answer this question. That is how you treat your customers.

And you expect to get a Sonos for free? by trying to get in good graces with Sonos?

It simply isn't Sonos' way to take each suggestion and tell you (us) and the world "Yes, we'll do it" or "No, we won't do it". As has been stated in this thread the most we will get from Sonos, formally, is an acknowledgment. I can tell you that I am quite confident that they are aware of this request in it's various guises and nowhere have they given any indication of their intent or otherwise to work on this - Nor will they.

Oh, and yes. I am very much hoping for a free Sonos system due to my lots of posts on this forum. That would be very nice wouldn't it? It would go very well with my pink pet unicorn in my house that's situated in la-la land, right next to yours apparently!
I rader like to get an answer from SonoS, not a suggestion from another user.... 😉 Simple because I want to byy 2 play 5s.... but I can't if this option is not comming....
And, as I'm trying to get across to you, Sonos won't tell you whether it's coming or not.

Other than some rare exceptions -- such as a recent announcement that they were looking into voice control -- it's corporate policy to maintain a tight veil of confidentiality over whatever they're up to. In that regard they're quite like Apple.
Badge +1
I rader like to get an answer from SonoS, not a suggestion from another user.... 😉 Simple because I want to byy 2 play 5s.... but I can't if this option is not comming....
And, as I'm trying to get across to you, Sonos won't tell you whether it's coming or not.

Other than some rare exceptions -- such as a recent announcement that they were looking into voice control -- it's corporate policy to maintain a tight veil of confidentiality over what they're up to. In that regard they're quite like Apple.

Don't try..... and I just get an answer from them by a ticket in the Beta program. I will not share it here, cause that is up to SonoS, I am just a customer, like the most of us 😉. The only thing is...some think they are a bit more important then others 🙂 keepup your SonoS system! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Other than some rare exceptions -- such as a recent announcement that they were looking into voice control -- it's corporate policy to maintain a tight veil of confidentiality over what they're up to. In that regard they're quite like Apple.

Don't try..... and I just get an answer from them by a ticket in the Beta program. I will not share it here, cause that is up to SonoS, I am just a customer, like the most of us 😉. The only thing is...some think they are a bit more important then others 🙂 keepup your SonoS system! :)

You know what, I haven't got the energy. Siemp, if you're really this thin skinned perhaps the internet is a place you'd best avoid eh?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, thanks for jumping in and thanks for the feedback Siemp. We're always reading the threads here and passing feedback on to the right teams. As said already, we don't have any roadmap to share so we can't let you in on any secrets or plans for the future. We appreciate the suggestions though. I'll be sure to pass them on.
Badge +1
Hey guys, thanks for jumping in and thanks for the feedback Siemp. We're always reading the threads here and passing feedback on to the right teams. As said already, we don't have any roadmap to share so we can't let you in on any secrets or plans for the future. We appreciate the suggestions though. I'll be sure to pass them on.

Thank you for finaly a reply from SonoS. I hope this possibility comes fast, cause it is a really shortcoming, I want to add 2 play 5s to my system, but I can't as long this option exists
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are some 3rd party apps that do some room manipulation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
try sonosequencer

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonosequencr/id967043604?mt=8
Badge +1
There are some 3rd party apps that do some room manipulation.

Oh? tell me! I use Macronos, but you can't change the speaker setups in a macro. Please tell me 😃
Badge +1
try sonosequencer

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonosequencr/id967043604?mt=8

bummer... I have an android 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
macronos for android
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
that work for you?
[quote=Siemp]On this moment I have a Playbar, two play 3s and a sub. It sounds great! but it would be very nice if there is a future to make a setup, and create a shortcut to that setup. I give an example:

In my case when I watch TV the volume of the Sub is under 50% of his power. The surround speakers are calibrated as left speaker near 0,6 m right speaker more away 3m. Volume 65% and in ambient modus With this settings I have the best surround effects.

When I listen to music, the Sub is above 50% of his power. The surround speakers are calibrated as left speaker 3 m right speaker 3m. and in “full” modus With this settings I have the best sound to play loud music.

Now when I want to play music I need to [open Sonos-app -- tap left corner -- tap left corner again -- tap settings -- tap settings room -- tab Livingroom -- tap advanced audio -- tap calibrating audio (and walk through the wizard) -- tap back -- tap settings SUB -- change the volume. -- tap back -- tap surround -- tap full -- adjust volume.

When I want to watch TV, I need to go through the same process again. It would be REALY helpful if I can just make some settings, safe them and use a shortcut to activate them!

Another problem is when you want to use your Sub in two room settings. Example. When watch TV you use the Sub in the Livingroom TV profile, so he play’s with the playbar and the surround speakers. Then in you open kitchen you have some play 5s for music, but if you want to play music in the kitchen, you cannot use the sub (who is basically in the same room cause it is an open kitchen. ) If you want to use the Sub, you must takeout the Sub form your TV setting, and join the sub to the Kitchen setting. And when you want to watch TV you have to do that all over again.

So the big question: “Please Sonos, make it possible to create shortcuts to speaker setups!”

For the rest…… Sonos rules!!!! I really like the products and the sound! :)
[/quote