Please go back to the last app, the update sucks SO bad!

Userlevel 5
Badge
Is there any way to revert back to the last app before the recent update? This latest update is just plain stupid.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

397 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Remember to also try linking categories in Spotify or pandora to quick menus in my Sonos.

The getting now playing out of the way is a pain. Hopefully fixed real soon. Have you competed it to the Spotify app (they are identical - which to me isn’t a good thing)
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Merry Christmas all!!! Christmas tunes are streaming and sounding great on my Play 1 and 2nd Gen Play 5 grouped on the main level. You guys need to lighten up. At the heart of hearts we are just passionate about our music and Sonos.

Merry christmas too....hope that lightening up extends to not mocking anyone who doesn’t like the current version...

For the record I have no problem with ppl not liking the current app. I have also agreed that it is not perfect and not better in substance than the previous. My only contention was the melodrama some ppl came on here with declaring that it was now unusable and couldn’t be figured out. That I still maintain is crap. I personally would have no problem is Sonos never implemented this tabbed approach to the app. But at the same time it has not prevented me from enjoying my system.

I cannot promise not to mock someone who comes on here saying that the world is coming to an end and the app is totally unusable - Christmas and all ???
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Reminder. The old app isn’t coming back. Just saying you hate the new app will do nothing to improve the next updates. Posting what you think would help fix the current version would be the best way to shape the controller of the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Good post Burt
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Reminder. As jgatie repeatedly says we can post what we want how we want so trying to limit negative posts by saying it's pointless or it needs a reason is pointless.
Reminder. As jgatie repeatedly says we can post what we want how we want so trying to limit negative posts by saying it's pointless or it needs a reason is pointless.

Now pointless posts are being complained about because they complain about pointless posts? Oh Logan, you are contradicting yourself again!
Userlevel 2
Reminder. The old app isn’t coming back. Just saying you hate the new app will do nothing to improve the next updates. Posting what you think would help fix the current version would be the best way to shape the controller of the future.

That's too bad. All the years I've been with Sonos I never considered they could do something that would make me want to sell all of it and buy something else.

It's not my job to tell Sonos exactly how to fix this, aside from telling them that I was perfectly satisfied before they decided to change the interface.

If someone needs to be taught how to use it - IT'S A FAIL. Bottom line.

I haven't bothered to post here until now because I thought that maybe I just needed time to adjust. That hasn't happened. It sucks now as much as it did the first time I used it. I've posted to numerous threads today and I've been flabbergasted by the volume of posts and threads telling Sonos that this is broken. Yet here we are, with Sonos apparently digging in thier heels. How incredibly frustrating.

There is a lot of competition now in this space, and if this is where Sonos wants to plant their flag, I'm out. I can only truly vote with my wallet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
All the years of owning Sonos. So you were fine the last time they changed the application to the one we just had - which everyone threw a fit about several years ago? Such drama.
Which changed significantly from 5.0 to 5.3 for tablet users - that is a fact. From 5.0 to 7.4 there were 25 releases that improved the software. Stop pedalling your BS Chris.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nice John but there were not many interface changes at all. There were a lot applied to feature changes - and actually many like queue changes were far for the worse thank you. For me the 5.0 was better than the horrible 7.4. Actually get facts before calling BS to those of us who have been here discussing during that entire period. I see why you get on jgatie dark side. You like to make personal attacks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
All the years of owning Sonos. So you were fine the last time they changed the application to the one we just had - which everyone threw a fit about several years ago? Such drama.

So the poor man posts 4 messages to your 12000 and he is accused of causing a drama. Not a very friendly welcome, is it ?

Andrew
Userlevel 2

My first Sonos the controller was that big thing with the spin wheel on it. Then I bought the dedicated touch controller. Then when that stopped working I went to the apps. So yeah, I've seen it all.

I haven't been thrilled with every update, but no, I didn't feel the need to post to the forums about it. I've never, until now, found any Sonos interface to be unusable or unacceptable.

Call it drama if you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
He didn’t ask
Much for a welcome. Someone coming Her ewithba foul mouth and nothing but say how everything sucks and such a fail and provide no useful comments or information doesn’t make for a real welcome member of the community.
Here is the proof so that those ‘still’ peddaling that that 5.0 was such an awesome release and nothing has changed up to 7.4!!!

Sonos had to make changes due to public backlash. Here is the evidence for the change to 5.3, for those that don’t eat, sleep and breath Sonos all their life and just try and enjoy the products that we all spent a lot of our hard earned cash on:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sonos-53-app-update-now-live-android-and-ios
Nice John but there were not many interface changes at all. There were a lot applied to feature changes - and actually many like queue changes were far for the worse thank you. For me the 5.0 was better than the horrible 7.4. Actually get facts before calling BS to those of us who have been here discussing during that entire period. I see why you get on jgatie dark side. You like to make personal attacks.

Wrong Chris. Your memory fails you. The interface on the tablet changed as the phone and tablet app for 5.0 were nearly identical. That is a fact.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Backpedaling. Do you listen to me at all. 5.0 I was never a fan of. Where did I say it was good. It is better then 7.4 because from 6.0 on messed up how you click to add to queue. I have said multiple times I prefer the 4.0 interface.

You cause conflict and belittle me for no reason. I am consistent in everything I have said about the controller past and current. You feel you need to criticize me to prove some unknown point that has nothing to do with providing input as to how to improve on the 8.0 design. I have not personally attacked you in any manner I know of but you feel the need to try and push my buttons for unknown gain.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
He didn’t ask
Much for a welcome. Someone coming Her ewithba foul mouth and nothing but say how everything sucks and such a fail and provide no useful comments or information doesn’t make for a real welcome member of the community.

I’ve re-read the post and there is nothing he posted that can be construed as using a ‘foul mouth’. I think you are being very unkind.

Andrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If my child says something sucks I tell them they have a foul mouth. Maybe I have a different opinion then you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
The Christmas spirit has a very short shelf life around here.

Thereisnospoon, can I take the opportunity of welcoming you to these forums and apologise for any unfriendly reception you may have had.

You will find that posting comments that are in any way negative of Sonos the company, the hardware or the software tends to get the backs up of several forum members around these parts. Don’t let them put you off — your voice is as valid as any others.

Andrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Those of you that just want to compliance and give no feedback on how to improve are destined to just be unhappy. I guess you all juat want to e here to complain amongst yourselves and provide no value to Sonos in making future updates. Enjoy yourselves. I chose to continue to express what I would like to see in next and future controllers as to hopefully have my voice heard vs just being a part of the complainer crowd (which don’t seem to get through their heads that version 7 or anything like it will never return).
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I guess you all juat want to e here to complain amongst yourselves and provide no value to Sonos in making future updates.

This is an open and free community for all users, whether they are happy, sad moaning, groaning, complaining or singing from the rooftops. We are not here to be of value to Sonos or anyone else. You need to lighten up a little — and stop bashing others for having an opinion that doesn’t align with yours.

Andrew
I have been posting to try and show the realty of the change from 4.3, which was also my favourite Chris, to 5.0, which is not the version that is being portrayed on here by quite a few as there were significant early changes made to the software after reaction from the public.

Comments such as the following made me post the reality of the situation after the release otherwise I would have remained quiet:

Userlevel 2
Those of you that just want to compliance and give no feedback on how to improve are destined to just be unhappy. I guess you all juat want to e here to complain amongst yourselves and provide no value to Sonos in making future updates. Enjoy yourselves. I chose to continue to express what I would like to see in next and future controllers as to hopefully have my voice heard vs just being a part of the complainer crowd (which don’t seem to get through their heads that version 7 or anything like it will never return).

I have given feedback. The latest design just makes no sense to me, or anyone else I know that has tried to use it. What would you like for me to do, submit wireframes to fix it? What I am saying is that it is fundamentally bad and I don't have any suggestions on how to fix that.

I've said, just roll back to the prior version until this version can be redesigned to be more intuitive. Or give each person the option to roll back or keep the new. That's constructive feedback. Saying that I just have to live with what was given me is not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Enjoy yourselves
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
That was easy !