Please add an option to adjust the fade-in and fade-out time for alarms and sleep

• 13 September 2012
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Please allow for the volume slowly increase for alarms and decrease it for sleep mode. The feature I envision would be an option for alarms and sleep which takes a fade-in or fade-out time. A default time of 5 minutes is reasonable. When enabled the alarm will start at just above 0 volume and gradually increase to the volume configured for the alarm over the configured fade-in time. Likewise, once the sleep timer reaches the fade-out time remaining the volume will gradually decrease to zero over the configured fade-out time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Came to the forums to make the same suggestion.

I see that I am not alone. Please add my voice to the chorus. We need a custom timer, or, at the least, a longer fade in (say over two minutes).
This would be a great improvement. Please add this function to the alarm and also to the sleep timer.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Add this feature. Option to gradual fade in and fade out on sleep and alarms.
Going to sleep with soft music in the background is stops my brain spinning around. Because it is soft in the background, a fade out of 15 sec still sounds like the music is cut off, which wakes me up again.

I would like an option to configure the fade out time on the sleep timer.

Thank you.
Hi, we use SONOS at work. Alarms are used to indicate tea-time at the quintessential British countryside environment in which we work. Obviously we want Rage Against the Machine to crank at full volume the very moment tea is poured. As such, we would love to have the option to turn the fade OFF. Really looking forward to this feature implementation. Thank you SONOS.
I’ve had my Sonos One set up for 20 mins and I’m already looking for this feature.
Please please.

Thanks! 😃
Userlevel 1
I’ve had my Sonos One set up for 20 mins and I’m already looking for this feature.
Please please.

Thanks! :D

Sonos doesn't have any interest in making this feature a reality. This request has been open for six years and would probably take less than a day to implement. I've sent more than one message to their CEO to ask for it and I submit it for the product development team every time I am invited to a beta. https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/long-awaited-alarm-features-in-8-2-is-progressive-volume-configuration-still-missing-after-years-of-repeated-requests-6794331 is another thread regarding the same content. There are other threads on this forum making the same request - including some from users who registered only for this purpose.