Answered

Playlist section always missing from My Sonos when I start the app, how do I fix it?

• 9 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Every single time I open the Sonos app to play music, the Playlist section is completely missing from the My Sonos page. All I see is Recently Played and Stations. This has been going on for at least 2 months now. There have been several app updates since this issue started, but none of the updates have fixed this problem. The only way to fix it is to shut down the app and restart it. But that needs to be every single time you want to use the app because the fix is temporary. 

When I go into Edit My Sonos, these are the only options: 

How do I fix this?? I swear, this app gets worse and worse with every update.I have never been able to get lock screen controls back after an app update 2 years ago, and no one has ever been able to tell me why I can’t get those controls. 

I’m using app version 12.2.6

icon

Best answer by Xander P 10 February 2021, 10:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

When I open the Sonos app on my various iOS devices (updated software/OS) I only have choices for “Recently Played” and “Apple Music Playlists” - but no link for my main Sonos Playlists.

If I start a song from “recently played”, stop that song, and return to “My Sonos” then the link to my Sonos playlists will be there.

All updated software/system/etc.

Is this a known bug?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Tom Who & @mikewashburn, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on getting it resolved - no timescale for a fix that I can share right now, however for the time being the workarounds are, as you have found, force quitting & re-opening the app, or starting playback from a different container.

I have this exact issue too. Drives me f@*’ing mad. Please hurry up and fix it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You must be on iOS (as that is the version that is broken). While you wait for Sonos, try my iOS app (see profile) which will let you see and play your Sonos playlists.

Badge +1

I have this issue too.  I see 3 months have gone by since this thread was started by @Tom Who and the not overly helpful reply.  

It can’t be that hard to fix, surely?! Come on Sonos...