Playlist Editing

• 27 February 2013
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Could Sonos let us know where they are on allowing some form of playlist editing? Following the merger between Napster & Rhapsody (or vice versa) I have playlists filled with "track unavailable" debris items (eg 365 tracks on a 2500+ playlist). Because there is no way of sorting them (eg on a PC Controller), even when I note that a track is not available, there is no way for me to sort the playlist eg alphabetically or search the list to nail and boot out the offending item (or even better, allowing me real time to see something similar that is available and do a swap). The lack of any editing playlist capability is, in my view, the Sonos systems weakest (and perhaps only) failing. I note previous comments on backup files: I was not aware of this "new" weakness and it would be a disaster if I lost my playlists (even the ones with Napster debris). Come on Sonos: it cant be that hard to have some playlist editing and playlist backup?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Hi; I was importing playlists from iTunes, but was having problems, so I decided to "go native" and use the Sonos playlist feature. I'm thinking maybe I should go back to iTunes for best playlist management (e.g., ability to delete tracks, to download playlists for backup), even though I was running into problems. However, I'm a little nervous now that iTunes will be closing down operations (and possibly stopping the support of the iTunes library application). Any advice on a good playlist management application that works well with Sonos? (I have a big CD collection and, when possible, like going with a lossless music format.)
I've responded in your other thread about this issue.