Playing different music on 2 Ports

• 31 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi folks, I can’t get 2 different Ports to play different music at the same time. I thought the answer was here, but I don’t see a “Rooms” tab in my S2 app. (Photo of that thread below). How do I play different music on 2 different ports from the S2 iOS app?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Are the “rooms” the Ports are assigned to currently grouped together?

No, nothing is grouped. 

Userlevel 7

What are you using the Ports for? What “room” is each Port assigned to?

The plan is to plug them into a multi-zone amp. But I can see on my app that if I play one port, then start the other, the first stops playing. 

Userlevel 7

What specifically are you playing through your Ports? Are you using a streaming service? Try playing music from two different sources or streaming service to each Port.

Ok, I think you solved it, and I feel a little dumb. :-) I thought you could stream Spotify separately to 2 different devices, but you can only do that as two different users. What made it confusing for me is that we’re all under one family Spotify account. Anyway; problem solved, I think. Thanks @GuitarSuperstar !

Userlevel 7

I have a Spotify account and just played two different songs on two different Sonos speakers at the same time. Are you playing the music directly through the Sonos app, the Spotify app, or using a voice assistant?

Oh, that’s interesting. I tried both through the Sonos app, and one through the app and one from the Spotify app. The only way it worked was to use two separate spotify accounts (mine & a family member) that fall under a Spotify family subscription. So, @Sonos , why is it that @GuitarSuperstar can play separate songs through two different devices from one Spotify account, but I can’t?