Question

Playing Audible files from iTunes to Sonos.

Badge
Hi All. I'm trying to play my audible audiobooks on my Sonos system. I've registered them within the Mac controller and that has been accepted. Unfortunately I cannot find them in the controller. The books are held within iTunes in the iBooks section. I feel this might be the problem. Can you offer any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi Martyn,

Is there a genre named 'Audiobooks' in Music Library > Genres?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi Martyn,

Is there a genre named 'Audiobooks' in Music Library > Genres?

or a genre named 'Books and spoken'?
Badge
Yes but for some reason it won't find the audible books or the audiobooks I've purchased from iTunes either.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yes but for some reason it won't find the audible books or the audiobooks I've purchased from iTunes either.
So none of the Audiobooks are in the 'Books And Spoken' genre or the 'Audiobook' genre in the Sonos app?
Badge
Afraid not.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
This could take a few minutes depending on the size of our iTunes Library.
Badge
I had not. Top tip.
Badge
Having done this it has made no difference. What I have noticed is that the only books that show up in my sonos controller are books I have loaded onto iTunes from a CD. Anything ibhave purchased does not appear.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
In iTunes could you right click on any of the Audiobooks that aren't appearing in the SONOS app and select 'Reveal In Finder'.

It'd be great if you replied with a screenshot of the finder window, or with the path of the file.
Badge
OK. Let me see what I can do.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hmm. Strange it seems to be in the default folder (which is also the default for SONOS Music Libraries)
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Is 'iTunes HD/iTunes' the folder that you added as the music share in SONOS? (You can check this by going into the SONOS app, Settings Music Library Settings) Screenshot of the SONOS Music Library settings window would be nice too.
Badge
I had it set to my NAS drive alone. I'm now adding my laptop to the sonos library too. Can I use two libraries? For example- iTunes HD and my nas drive?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Two shares can be used with SONOS, yes. iTunes HD is where the missing audiobook is stored According to the iTunes info window. Is iTunes HD the name of your NAS drive? (And thanks for the screenshot but I was trying to see what folders had been added to SONOS, but its indexing the library right now so that's not visible.)
Badge
I keep all my iTunes library on an external hard drive to save space on my Mac (silly solid state drives). So I have a NAS drive with a library on for sonos and then my macbook pro with the iTunes HD for whilst I'm out and about.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Sounds like something for the SONOS Support team to take a look at. You can call them or email them using the number displayed on this website: http://www.sonos.com/support
Badge
Thanks for all your help Josh.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Ok try adding iTunes HD as a sonos music library share, that could work.
Badge
That's what I'm doing now. I have a feeling that might sort it.
Badge
Ta Dah!!!!!!!
Badge
Josh thanks again for all your help. You're a legend.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
No problem Martyn. 😃 Always happy to help anyone with their Sonos system, no matter how long it may take to fix the problem. (Preferably a few minutes)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Thanks Josh as I learned something new too!

Les
I followed these steps guys... I added my audiobooks to my sonos, but cannot see any books... u said u did something & then ta dah.... was that just adding the drive location?? I can see my music in my music library, which is located in OneDrive, but cannot see my audiobooks, which I purchased through ibooks... hopefully u can help. Thanks
I followed these steps guys...

Sonos no longer supports Audible books.