Question

Playbar tv volume and music volume.

• 10 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
My TV volume on my playbar seems to be higher up than my music playing on the playbar.
So if I have been listing to the TV and then I start play music the volume is very very very loud. Is there a way to get the playbar to remember a TV volume and a music volume.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
My TV volume on my playbar seems to be higher up than my music playing on the playbar.
So if I have been listing to the TV and then I start play music the volume is very very very loud. Is there a way to get the playbar to remember a TV volume and a music volume.

There's no way to do that currently.

In a perfect world all sources would pass audio volume the same way, but that's definitely not the world we live in. It's possible there's something with the setup of your TV (I'm assuming TV direct to Playbar) that's causing it to pass the audio at a low volume (variable vs fixed, external speakers only, etc).

What model TV do you have?

Similar thread that might help: https://en.community.sonos.com/advanced-setups-229000/automatic-volume-of-the-playbar-while-playing-music-6787502
Badge +1
It's a Samsung 3D TV. The optical level on my TV is set as loud as it will go.