Answered

Playbar Linux minidlna in 2020

• 18 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Ciao, 

I'm trying to connect the minidlna server on Debian 8 to my sonos playbar 11.0. From the TV I see media shared on server correctly, but from the playbar no. I saw that there are some posts about it in the community but very dated and they did not help me to clarify if this type of scenario is possible.

in the “add services” section I saw that there is plex, but I would not like to switch from external services. Do I have to add the source manually? if yes, how?

thanks to anyone who wants to talk about  or share their experiences and/oropinions. 

Andrea. 

icon

Best answer by Misfit 18 March 2020, 21:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Seeing how the minidlna server is not a supported service such as Plex, you would need to add it manually. 

I’m a bit unfamiliar with minidlna, but if it’s treated similar to that of a music library you should be able to add it from your mobile controller. 

Tap on the following: Settings - System - Music Library - Music Library Setup - Add Shared Music Folder

Ideally you should then be able to add the directory of the minidlna server, otherwise you can try by IP for the Debian 8 computer. Again I’m not too familiar with using this as a service. 

I personally just shared my music folder and then added the directory. That worked for me on my Ubuntu machine. 

And honestly, Plex is pretty easy to set up and might be worthwhile seeing how it should be easier to configure and doesn’t require editing a text file. I have both set up on my system. My music folder, and my Plex server. 

Ciao Misfit, 

thanks for sharing your setup. I shared the folder (with smb) and everything works as I expected. 

Thanks again ! 

Andrea 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Glad to hear everything worked out. 

Enjoy!