Playback Speed

• 7 November 2012
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 2
It would be nice to be able to adjust playback speed for podcasts and audiobooks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 1
I would love to be able to listen to Audible at 2x or 3x the normal speed, like I already do on my iPhone or iPad with the Audible app…
Thanks guys!!!

Kevin
Userlevel 2
Badge
yes yes yes!

been two years, is this added?
No, and SONOS does not publish a road map.

This would be an interesting feature, but there have not been many requests for this in the past. i seem to remember a very old thread about this, but there were not very many posts there either.
Userlevel 1
Yes, very interested in this too. Would be great to be able to listen at 1.5 / 2 x on Sonos, as I currently do via the iPhone Podcast app. Normal speed just takes too much time for my listening and time management preferences which is why I don't use the Sonos podcast feature at all at present. So hopefully this feature will be added at some point in the near future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What, wait. Please can somebody tell me why anybody wants to listen to an audio book at 3 x times speed?

Can you really still understand what is being said?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Easy. It's time management preferences. I think that translates into English as "can't be bothered (insert own word of preference here) due to low attention span" which can, of course as you are a victim, be entirely blamed upon the parents force feeding you Chipmunks records when in your formative years.
Yes. This would be a great feature. I simply can't listen to podcasts or other audio recordings at normal speed anymore. Please add a playback speed control. I'm normailly at 1.7x to 2x
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes. This would be a great feature. I simply can't listen to podcasts or other audio recordings at normal speed anymore. Please add a playback speed control. I'm normailly at 1.7x to 2x

More chance of finding a WW2 bomber on ten moon than Sonos implementing this "feature". Have a word with yourself!
I listen to most podcasts at 1.5 or 2x speed. I really really think this should be a standard feature.
Userlevel 2
Dear Sonos Product Team, please get this on your product road map ASAP.
Badge
+1 agreed to all

This is far and away my #1 feature request. Top priority, please make it happen beloved Sonos magicians ??
Yes. TOP PRIORITY.
Userlevel 2
Wow this topic was made 5 years ago. Hopefully the change should be coming soon though, because I could really do with this feature.
Please consider adding this feature!
Omg for the love of god please add this feature tomorrow. Podcasts at 1x are not tolerable and renders me unable to use my sonos for podcasts
Userlevel 2
Badge
Please make this happen already, as it is holding me back from buying further sonos speakers.
Userlevel 1
I also really want this!!! I very rarely listen to podcasts at recorded speed and would really like to be able to playback podcasts at variable speeds (1.2, 1.5, 1.7x), specifically via PocketCasts.

Please add variable speed playback.

A lot of people have asked for it. It seems like such a simple feature.

I thought SONOS was a market leader???

Another +1 for this feature. It’s standard on basically every single audio app out there other than sonos, so not sure what the problem is really.