Answered

Playback controls cannot be cleared Android 12

• 24 November 2021
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,  I am using Android 12 and i can no longer clear the playback controls notification on my phone when Sonos is not active.  The only option is to force stop the Sonos app.  Anyone else found this with the latest Android update.  

I know Sonos have said 12 is not yet officially supported.  Justed wanted to feedback that this issue exists.  Would be interested to know when an update for Android 12 is planned since the phones are starting to get it now. 

Cheers. 

icon

Best answer by James L. 25 November 2021, 09:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @DI4,

Thanks for flagging this. We’re aware of some issues with the lock screen and playback controls on Android 12 and are working to resolve them with Google. I’m afraid I don’t have a timescale to share on this, nor do I know when full support for Android 12 will be released.

Hi @James L. -

Any update here?

Android 12 has been out for several months now, why is there still no full support, like proper playback controls on the notification drawer?

Thanks for an update!

b.

Badge +17

Hi @James L. -

Any update here?

Android 12 has been out for several months now, why is there still no full support, like proper playback controls on the notification drawer?

Thanks for an update!

b.

No updates yet I’m afraid, though it does look likely that this will be resolved with the upcoming launch of Android 12L (targeted for Spring 2022) per this article

Hi @James L. -

Any update here?

Thanks for an update!

b.

No updates yet I’m afraid, though it does look likely that this will be resolved with the upcoming launch of Android 12L (targeted for Spring 2022) per this article

Great, Google and Sonos sueing each other…

I'll better go and find my discman in the attic… ;-p