Answered

Play Soundbar output in different room

• 19 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am looking to buy a Sonos Arc soundbar along with the sub and rear speakers for my lounge, but I would also like to buy a little speaker for the kitchen that would play whatever the soundbar is playing so I can keep listening to the movie whilst cooking (for example). Is there a way to make the kitchen speaker play whatever the soundbar is playing?

icon

Best answer by Keithmac 19 September 2022, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can group the Rooms together, group say Kitchen and Living room and choose the output from Living room.

You can group the entire house to play TV if you like 👍. 

You can just “group” another Sonos speaker with the Sonos Arc. Granted, there will be a slight delay (minimum of around 75ms) between the two Sonos “rooms”, but if one speaker is in another room, and you can’t hear the two “rooms” at the same time, you’d be fine. I used to do this myself, with speakers in the kitchen, for when I was cooking during football games.

Oh, one note….that “delay” I was talking about is only when playing the TV input. When streaming music (not using the TV’s input), all speakers will be in sync. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, I am looking to buy a Sonos Arc soundbar along with the sub and rear speakers for my lounge, but I would also like to buy a little speaker for the kitchen that would play whatever the soundbar is playing so I can keep listening to the movie whilst cooking (for example). Is there a way to make the kitchen speaker play whatever the soundbar is playing?

So, get yourself a Sonos One, or One SL if you don’t want voice control. I’d go for the One. You can then control volume etc by voice, regardless of wet hands or with the speaker placed out of reach.