Play artist

Will there ever be an option to play everything made by one artist, instead just the option to play just one album?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

For what source(s)? It exists for local libraries, and I believe it exists for some services. In the case of a particular service, the service themselves develop their UI in the Sonos app, so they would be the ones to petition for this function.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This works for Spotify and Amazon Prime...
I am working with Apple music. How can I make a local library?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/257?language=en_US
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry, I forgot to ask is this via Voice or via the App?
Via the Sonos app on my iPhone
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Via the Sonos app on my iPhone

Sorry, I'm not an Apple person, so don't know.
You can't make a local library with copyright-protected music from Apple Music, only with tracks/albums purchased from iTunes.
So I see that my local library is now published. It is just the iOs app that doesn’t allow you to play all from one artist. The Mac app does work.
So I see that my local library is now published. It is just the iOs app that doesn’t allow you to play all from one artist. The Mac app does work.

For local music library: Find artist, long press on artist entry, choose Play Now.
Indon’t see that option. Just add artist to sonos, or more... and that leads to: start station or browse artist.
Indon’t see that option. Just add artist to sonos, or more... and that leads to: start station or browse artist.
You are talking of the subscription service Apple Music rather than of a iTunes share.

A stated, that is not your local library. Your local library would be tracks you have purchased and downloaded, or burned from CD's, that are stored on your local computer or NAS.
@iMakkie, Creating artist stations directly in iTunes/the iOS music app is possible. According to your profile you own a ONE so you could stream Apple Music via Airplay to Sonos.
But I don’t want a station. I just want to play all the albums of one artist. My Sonos app on my iPhone won’t let me do that.
It doesn’t matter if it is from my Apple Music account or from my NAS. I dont see the option like play all
But I don’t want a station. I just want to play all the albums of one artist. My Sonos app on my iPhone won’t let me do that.
It doesn’t matter if it is from my Apple Music account or from my NAS. I dont see the option like play all

There is no option on Apple Music. Since Apple is responsible for their own UI on the app, you should lobby them for the option.

If you have added the music on your NAS to Sonos, under the "My Music" source, you need to long touch on the Artist and it will bring up the option to play all.

This isn't even possible in iTunes/the iOS music app so you can't expect Apple to provide playing all albums of an artist on a third-party platform like Sonos.
@jgatie it works! Thanks. Had to index it.