Question

Play ALL Sonos Favorites option

• 2 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
Is it me, why can you not play all tracks added to the Sonos Favorites list at once/queue them all? it seems counter intuitive you can add to the list fine, and play the odd track - great, what's annoying is the sudden silence when your track finishes. You can play all tracks from a playlist - why not the Sonos Favorites?

Instead replace Sonos Favorites with 'THE QUEUE'. [yes i know it kind of exists] but needs to be much more prominent and accessible.

You can then see on whatever controller what the heck is actually playing..a much more useful feature.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Favourites can be tracks, albums or Radio streams. I have 8 radio stations in my favourites. What does Play All mean in this situation. Radio streams are available 24/7.
So in my opinion, as stated, your suggestion doesn't make sense. What you should do is create Playlists to do what you want.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I’m on board with the original poster, I’ve been adding songs to “my sonos”, from various sources. It would be a killer playlist, but I can’t find a way to play it all. I can only add songs one by one, which is not realistic if I’m going to have to redo it next time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I’m on board with the original poster, I’ve been adding songs to “my sonos”, from various sources. It would be a killer playlist, but I can’t find a way to play it all. I can only add songs one by one, which is not realistic if I’m going to have to redo it next time.

Why not just make a Playlist???
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Why not just make a Playlist???

Most likely what I'll end up doing.
Although, it is such a shame to have the "Add to My Sonos" button everywhere already, but it can't play as a playlist. The overhead effort would be minimal to allow it to play as a playlist. It'd be worth it to me.
It sounds like you want easier access within the app to create/manage a playlist. I agree with Stuart in that favorites are not playlists. In addition to the favorites being a place to put your favorite radio stations and such as well as tracks, the favorites are also 'exposed' to other applications and such. For example, I have a lutron hub to control my lights which also can control sonos, but only play what's in the favorites. So I have my lights and pandora station come on automatically at the same time in the morning...that sort of thing. It would not work if the favorites was a playlist.