Answered

Play all songs by artist or composer

How do I select to play all songs by an artist or composer? Currently, Sonos seems to limit me to only playing the Artist's/Composer's songs by album or individual song.
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 25 May 2018, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Music Library ---- Artists----Scroll to artist----Select twisty (down triangle to right when you hover over artist (Tap and hold iOS app) and select Play now.
super - thanks very much "Stuart_W"
Sonos - it would be good if you also add this functionality to listening to all songs by a composer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Pretty sure that already works exactly the same as for Artist described above
When I select a composer, I don't see the "twisty" to the right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Not sure what's going on but I do on my Mac

How do i do this in the android app?
How do i do this for songs in my Google play library? No option for twisty arrow. I'm using android app
This is insane. I have IOS and can't find a way to do this either. I'm starting to get tired of Sonos at this point. This should be a basic player option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
On iOS the same option for "All" exists as shown on the Mac above, but only for Music Library. If you are looking at Artists-All for other music services, it is up to that music service to offer an All option. Because Sonos has no idea what "all" means for a music service's content.

Examples:
Amazon offers Artists / All Artists Tracks
Apple does not
Spotify does Artist / Top Tracks

etc

Hi controlav - may I check my understanding please?  So, my problem is that only one album is displayed when, in Sonos app on iPhone, I select Amazon Music, then select an Artist and play ‘All Tracks’.  I have multiple albums for many artists and the Sonos app would appear to support playback by artist as an alternative to by album or other playlist.  But having selected ‘All Tracks’ just one album for that artist is displayed, thus making the option useless.   Are you saying that this is an issue for Amazon not Sonos?  I have contacted Amazon who say it is a Sonos problem.  I’ve submitted a support request to Sonos and await their reply.  Am hoping it is a simple setting but expecting otherwise.  Look forward to your reply. 

Many thanks

Sarah