Answered

Play Alexa reminders through multiple play 3’s then continue to play music

• 12 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Hey there, we currently have a solution of Alexa / Sonos connect / 2 x play 3s.

The 2 x plays 3’s are running music constantly throughout the day and we have lots of Alexa reminders asking people to get ready for their next class (we’re a dance school). Our problem is that when the reminder is played the music does not continue afterwards. Through the app you can see that the music is playing visually but there is no sound.

Any ideas?

Peace
icon

Best answer by Chris 12 April 2018, 13:01

not with alexa reminders. You can do it with smartthings. Alarms in smartthings can do text to speech. So you can set alarms that speak what you want.

Example my morning alarm wishes me good morning on my Sonos speakers defined for the alarm and then gives me weather forecast and tells me what routines it has run. It can then return to what playing or set off a playlist.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
not with alexa reminders. You can do it with smartthings. Alarms in smartthings can do text to speech. So you can set alarms that speak what you want.

Example my morning alarm wishes me good morning on my Sonos speakers defined for the alarm and then gives me weather forecast and tells me what routines it has run. It can then return to what playing or set off a playlist.