Answered

Play 1 & Play 3 not connecting after upgrade

• 9 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Two of the play 1 and the play 3 we have cannot be found after recent app update. I do not see under the manage tab, where you use to be able to add a play or sub. The 13 other play 1 are working.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 October 2018, 00:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

That seems odd. Are you running a Boost, or a Standard setup? Which upgrade did you run, 9.1 or 9.2? Have you tried power cycling the two missing speakers?

If none of that information helps, you may want to submit a system diagnostic, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
9.2 I have power cycled them. I think i may reset the router before contacting Sonos to see if that works first. Thanks
It's possible that power cycling the router might work.... I'd recommend unplugging the Sonos devices while doing so. You don't want them "holding on to" IP addresses while you're resetting the DHCP table.
That's great advice. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If the rebooting and power cycling works you might want to go ahead and set static / reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices using the router's DHCP page, it might avoid this at the next upgrade.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
So you think there's a problem with DHCP & SONOS ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Actually its not Sonos that become the DHCP problem it is other devices on your network that hold on to IP addresses no longer reserved for them .... then Sonos being properly given that IP address on reboot.

By reserving IP addresses for Sonos devices then they are always given back their same IP address that no other device has had - thus avoiding some rogue device from holding onto same IP address as a Sonos unit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I spent hours trying to track down the issue in my DHCP server logs and what little internal Sonos info we now have access to and got nowhere. That leaves me not knowing who or what is acting up and since it isn't a problem for me any more I reported it to Sonos and went back to doing more entertaining things.