Pickup where you left off - streaming services

• 17 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Hi, I know the new push is to double down on streaming services and voice control. I would love to have the ability to remember the last listen to spot. I listen to a lot of podcast on our system and it is always a pain to have to remember where I left off. If I go from the office to the garage I have to start the service again and manual locate the last spot I listened to. I don't think there is an easy way to hand off services from different locations, kinda like follow me. If I'm listening in the shower and then I go downstairs I'd like to be able to click transfer to downstairs. I can do a work around and add downstairs to the current grouping and then when I get downstairs delete the upstairs bath from the current grouping. Kinda lame though.

Also why not work with the likes of Rogue Amoeba and get their Airfoil to work with Sonos. I would love to have the ability to direct anything I'm listening to on my Mac to the Sonos system and be able to select zones. Currently I listen to Audible on Itunes by directing the Itunes in Airfoil to an airport express connected to a Sonos connect connected to our primary stereo. This allows me to listen to audio books through the whole house but doesn't allow me to specify zones.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I can do a work around and add downstairs to the current grouping and then when I get downstairs delete the upstairs bath from the current grouping. Kinda lame though.

You don't have to group, then ungroup. Just bring up the Group screen. De-check the old group, check the new group, then Done.

Currently I listen to Audible on Itunes by directing the Itunes in Airfoil to an airport express connected to a Sonos connect connected to our primary stereo. This allows me to listen to audio books through the whole house but doesn't allow me to specify zones.

If the Airport Express is connected to the Line-in on the Connect, you can indeed listen to it in any and all zones you want. Just choose the Line-in as a source for the Zone you wish it to play in.
I agree entirely. The sonos app is PAINFUL. Searching is terrible. I need it to remember where podcasts left off. This is huge! PLEASE PLEASE add Airplay or allow control of sonos from native IOS apps. I will not purchase another Sonos product until this is fixed. The sound is really good but with a bad UX its just NOT WORTH IT. Its like going back to IOS or android of 5 years ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree entirely. The sonos app is PAINFUL. Searching is terrible. I need it to remember where podcasts left off. This is huge! PLEASE PLEASE add Airplay or allow control of sonos from native IOS apps. I will not purchase another Sonos product until this is fixed. The sound is really good but with a bad UX its just NOT WORTH IT. Its like going back to IOS or android of 5 years ago.

Airplay is coming to Sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I need it to remember where podcasts left off. This is huge!
For podcasts specifically, you could look at Pocket Casts. It works well with Sonos and meets the requirement to remember the position in each podcast, and records which podcasts have been listened to.
I find the ability to pick up where you left off in a podcast thru Pocket Casts still buggy. I can force a sync via Pocket Casts and only sometimes do I pick up where I left off (using the "in progress" list). Still better than others but not there yet, at least for me.