PC User Interface/skin colour

• 9 November 2012
  • 19 replies

PC User Interface/skin colour

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello, I am going to move this to the Share an Idea section. This will submit your question as a feature request for the Sonos Controller programs and applications to be customized. Sonos users can vote on the suggestion and this submits it to the Sonos Product Development Team.
Hi My reason for raising this was because I find the dark blue overpowering and the narrow scroll bar very difficult to see and use. I was'nt after expensive redesign - just some minor improvements for usability. Cheers
I think the blue and black are pleasing to the eyes- but not very contrasting- making the volume controls extremely difficult to see and manipulate.  Black on black is terrible.
As a new customer I was disappointed to find that this was an issue and that nothing has happened since it was raised months ago.
I am a new user - fantastic product overall.
However, the black background on the PC application is extremely difficult to read.
The background should either be a MUCH lighter color with dark letters or, better yet, user controllable.
I have also send a request via e-mail. The positive part of the answer was the prompt reply. The negative part is the unwillingness to add options to change the skin.
Sonos, pls reconsider this option.
I agree with this comment specifically with respect to readability, which adversely impacts on usability. The UX team at Sonos should look at ISO 9241-11.
It's a negative user experience for me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So your talking about the desktop app .... it hasn't been updated as far as look goes in a long time. Many have been pretty vocal about not wanting desktop app changed.
Blue on blue is not good.
The PC interface works well for me and I am skeptical that if Sonos were to change the color scheme that they would be able to resist making other changes that would be disruptive to the way I use my system. Best to leave it be.
Just posted on another thread before finding this but.... If you cannot read the screen the new features are pointless!!!! Dark blue and grey on Black, surely this cannot be seen as a good combination. Forget complex skinning options, but there has to be a simple way to add at least 1 option for a more contrasting UI. If you like the current one then don't change otherwise select the other.
Badge +1
The desktop app looks terrible on Macbook and Imac that's for sure.
Its 3 or more years since people started asking for a different, or choice of, Skin colour. Your stance detracts badly from what is probably the BEST music system for home use. [That was true until my Bridge unit died last week] BUT, and it is a big BUT, Black and blue are probably the worst colours you could choose for the controller. Its OK for youngsters who have 20/20 vision and excellent colour perception, for us old guys [this one is 5 years older than the invention of the transistor and still 18 years older than the first silicon chip] we have a difficulty to differentiate the colour of the arrows and tabs from the background. I have asked repeatedly and you always acknowledge it, BUT YOU don't do anything about it! Please make it a priority tp offer a skin choice in the next update to the controller.
Just searched for how to change colours on the interface and was sent here. Anything happened in the last 8 months? Sonos sounds great but the blue/black colour combination on the PC is so hard to use. Come on guys, help us!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No, nothing has changed. Nor will it be likely too as the Windows interface is lowest priority behind iOS, Android and even Alexa
Just want to reiterate that the PC interface works well for me and I am skeptical that if Sonos were to change the color scheme that they would be able to resist making other changes that would be disruptive to the way I use my system. Best to leave it be
But why should a change of colour, or the option to do so, change anything else? The problem I have, which has been alluded to on here, is that the contrast makes it difficult for 'older' eyes to even see the scroll bar in order to check out playlists that are off the screen. The only way to do this is to juggle the laptop to just the right angle. This is, obviously, not a problem when using a touch screen device.
There is no reason a color change should affect anything else but Sonos has a history that suggests if they decide to work on it at all they likely won't stop at just a simple color tweak. The risk of what might be lost is greater than the benefits of better contrast.