PC controller not working

• 27 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Hi, I can play my sonos system through the app on my phone, but my PC controller says it can't connect to the system "Sorry we can't connect to Sonos". I checked and both PC and phone are on the same network. How can i get the PC controller to work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi there, cgerlach. Thanks for reaching out. Would you please submit a diagnostic report from your phone's Sonos app? Be sure to reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks!
I also have this issue and have done all the suggestions on the pc app
I also have this issue and have done all the suggestions on the pc app

Would you please submit a diagnostic report from your phone's Sonos app? Be sure to reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks!
this is the only code i get at the end
Hi there, Jinnyspinner. Thanks for posting your diagnostic report number. A few things have changed since December last year, our diagnostic report numbers being one of them.

The report shows me that you have Sonos set up wirelessly on a network with wireless extenders. This can cause a number of problems with Sonos. In networks like this, we typically suggest using the Boost configuration as opposed to the Standard wireless configuration. Here is a helpful FAQ that should help you make the switch from Standard to Boost.

As shown in the first link, this will change how data is moved along Sonos and should give a more robust and flexible network for Sonos to work with. Let us know if this helps!
I am also having this issue. My diagnostic code is 522785775. Can you help? I do not have extenders.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am also having this issue. My diagnostic code is 522785775. Can you help? I do not have extenders.

Hi dgaulait,

Thanks for sending in the report. I see that there are a couple wireless networks that may be coming from the same router as the network your Sonos system connects to. It looks like the networks are hidden, meaning they have no names. They're also running on the same wireless channel as your main network. It may help to disable these extra networks, or to change the wireless channel of your main network. Channel 6 looks to be the best in your area.

Double check your computer to make sure it doesn't have any other wireless networks configured. You might also check on the computer's firewall and antivirus settings.
Thanks that helped. My home network was marked public for some reason.