patch 14.12

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Just updated to 14.12 only noticed 2 things 

Truplay had to be redone for my arc,sub and surrounds not my 5's and sub 

Also volume level seems lower on the  arc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

221 replies

I can play easy music on max now and don’t even sound that loud.  

Nice when you have a party and your sonos cant even get that loud. Its a joke this update 

Is this the Playbar, as listed in your online profile, or are you referring to the overall volume of the Sonos Arc, which Sonos did mention had not changed - it was the volume curve that got adjusted and not it’s overall volume, by all accounts.

Not very many here complaining about it’s ‘overall’ volume-level, but if you are finding that is the case, then you may have an issue with your Sonos product, so I would perhaps submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference generated.

Then, when available, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to help you to resolve the matter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

All gone a bit quite, anyone know any news on a fix for the issues introduced in 14.12.

I currently have trueplay disabled as advised by Sonos, so going on close to 3 weeks I feel like Im not getting the best from my sonos arc and sub due to this.

Every time they break something it seems like we have to wait ages.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Sonos is getting exactly 2 weeks from me to either release minimum parametric 5-way EQ functionality or revert this **** and terminate all the incompetent **** software engineers who worked on this utter garbage piece of **** update (little hint: go fold carton boxes, that’s more in your skillset you daft **** idiots) + send out a public apology and offer all sonos product owners a  sizeable gift card as an apology. Absolutely **** unacceptable for the price of these products.

Whoever is responsible for this I hope you **** spend the rest of your days in agony because that’s exactly what it feels like being a product owner fool who got scammed by Sonos at this exact moment. If neither of the above happens I’m 100% instantly selling off and dumping all my **** speakers second-handed while they still somehow have any kind of market value before the general public and consumer review websites figure out and spread they sound as **** 50 bucks speakers now and both my 2500-3000 dollars set-ups can’t even be pawned off for 1% of their purchase price because nobody wants this stinking pile of garbage. 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Whatever.

I listed my 2 sonos arcs, 4 subs, 8 sonos one’s for 2000 dollars. Purchase price: 6400 euros. **** painful but so is owning these pieces of junk, the UE before they sounded like that too is like fighting in a boxing match with an incompetent company that has no **** clue what it’s doing. How is the update not reverted yet, seriously?

Let’s hope we can still get rid off this **** before the value absolutely plumets. Hoping to buy 2x Samsung HW-Q950 instead and be done with this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

**** I’m done with this company. 

Trading is not permitted here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

How about I install Tradefirmware 14.12, charge every buyer 5 times value but actually only lend the devices? Sound good, you ***? You should quit your job instead of working for a company that deserves to go bankrupt and face life in jail for their scams. 

Roll back 14.10 *** NOW

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Another video by Pete

Another video by Pete

Peter Pee’s latest video has left me wondering if the Sub issue that a few users have mentioned in their posts in the community here is ‘perhaps’ more closely related to a Trueplay issue, rather than the dialogue-clarity changes in the 14.12 software update.

I did notice the Arc volume reduction in that update, which I still think might have been a change to the volume-curve, rather than an overall reduction in volume.

Anyhow the volume difference was quickly resolved in my case by increasing the volume slider for the Arc by around 10% (approx.) from level 30 to 40, but I’ve not experienced the Sub problem, but then again I’m not currently using Truplay on the Arc setup here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

How about I install Tradefirmware 14.12, charge every buyer 5 times value but actually only lend the devices? Sound good, you ***? You should quit your job instead of working for a company that deserves to go bankrupt and face life in jail for their scams. 

Roll back 14.10 *** NOW

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct

Maybe just remove him with all these posts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Another video by Pete

Peter Pee’s latest video has left me wondering if the Sub issue that a few users have mentioned in their posts in the community here is ‘perhaps’ more closely related to a Trueplay issue, rather than the dialogue-clarity changes in the 14.12 software update.

I did notice the Arc volume reduction in that update, which I still think might have been a change to the volume-curve, rather than an overall reduction in volume.

Anyhow the volume difference was quickly resolved in my case by increasing the volume slider for the Arc by around 10% (approx.) from level 30 to 40, but I’ve not experienced the Sub problem, but then again I’m not currently using Truplay on the Arc setup here.

So you don’t have your volume to the max in settings? Why wouldn’t you out of curiosity?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Another video by Pete

I watched Prey (Disney) yesterday via my apple tv 4k, had the volume quite high for me, about 50-60% I guess. I just have the Arc and Sub and it sounded really good (bass from sub).

I do also have Trueplay disabled as well though, I didn't test with it enabled but with other content the other week and trueplay enabled sub was lacking a lot.

I guess the atmos soundtrack helped a lot as well, as atmos offers a lot more punch and depth compared to LPCM.

As for that guy ranting above, why the heck do the mods allow comments like that, we all have a rant and are unhappy sometimes but that guy has gone too far with personal insults. I don’t want to read that on here.

So you don’t have your volume to the max in settings? Why wouldn’t you out of curiosity?

No of course not, the Living Room here is just 22’ x 13’ feet …and the Arc’s 40% volume-level is bordering on the max volume that we currently use with our LG C9 TV, we used to have it set around 30-35% before the update, so around 10% difference overall (give or take) in volume change.

If I do slide the volume-level higher it gets too much for our hearing and that’s still very much the case now - so I don’t think the overall volume-level at its max 100% setting has changed, just the volume-curve itself is steeper in the latter stages of the volume slider control, at least that’s my own thoughts on the Arc’s overall max volume.

(Postscript: I agree with others about the moderated posts above - the author’s language is uncalled for. Not something I want to read on these pages and thanks🙏aswell to the Staff/moderators for quickly cleaning up those posts).

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Another video by Pete

This definitely looks like a Trueplay issue. I have switched it off now, and the sub is delivering all those low end frequenties again. I suspect, because of the high curve in the low end frequenties (before Trueplay is done), Trueplay is trying to compensate those, with the result, those are turned way too low. Probably that's the reason why some people are complaining and some others aren't.

If (and I say ‘IF’) this bug is the price we need to ‘pay’ for a soon patch with allows us to have more control on the sound profile. For example, adding a 5 or maybe even a 9 bands equalizer in the app, I’m more than happy to wait for it.
But when the patch is just a fix, without any added features, I really don't understand why this took so damn long. Anyway…. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and can't wait for the next patch.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

What a wonderful update...sssshhhh sound with vocals is finally not causing discomfort to ears..do not mind in increasing volume level...Sound profile finally pleasant to hear...this update is too late and Arc should have been launched like this i.e with this fundamental good sound signature.. .now Sonos can easily  find tune for more perfection on top of this wonderful update

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

What a wonderful update...sssshhhh sound with vocals is finally not causing discomfort to ears..do not mind in increasing volume level...Sound profile finally pleasant to hear...this update is too late and Arc should have been launched like this i.e with this fundamental good sound signature.. .now Sonos can easily  find tune for more perfection on top of this wonderful update

Do you have your Arc paired with the sub and have run truplay? Cause if you have and like this sound, I don’t really understand why you have a sub in the first place. I’m no bass hungry person but output with the sub is now less than without the sub!

I have sub and rears too.rMy experience is with Truplay off. Sonos is suggesting to disable trueplay temporarily. Seems they are working on fix for sub power wihile trueplay is enabled.

Userlevel 1

New update just release Ver.14.14 🤞🏻

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Where can you find any release notes?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3521?language=en_US

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3521?language=en_US

Hmmmm. Sadly does not say very much.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Anyone going to chance their arm and install the updates?!  😆

Userlevel 2
Badge

Presumably only fixes the Arc etc. + sub trueplay issue then.

I wish they offered a roll back to the previous version, but that doesn't seem their MO. I much preferred the sound profile before 14.12; it now has a more narrow, hollow sound to me - the vocals are too present. It's less rich sounding than before. Shame.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I wish they offered a roll back to the previous version, but that doesn't seem their MO. I much preferred the sound profile before 14.12; it now has a more narrow, hollow sound to me - the vocals are too present. It's less rich sounding than before. Shame.

Have you updated yet?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Have you updated yet?

Not yet, might wait for a Peter Pee review first 😄