Pandora Does Not Work on 5.2

• 7 December 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I upgraded to Controller version 5.2. My Pandora account promptly ceased working; selecting it from the list of sources yielded a "spinner" and then an error. I removed the account and attempted to re-add it. I get a "Connection Error" saying that a connection to Pandora Radio could not be made.

My expensive Sonos system is now completely unusable. I have power-cycled the the Play3, the Play5 and the Bridge. I cannot connect to my Pandora account.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
As an update on this, I found that my iPhone controller (which also updated) can still start music. I have uninstalled the desktop app, used the 'remove controller' functionality. deleted it and reinstalled from the .dmg, and nothing works. In fact, the mac controller can no longer browse ANY music services. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Ryon_D,
It sounds like there may be a firewall or antivirus program blocking your Mac's connection to Pandora through Sonos. Please see this guide to configure any firewall that might be running.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Ryon_D,
Could you also submit a diagnostic report from your Mac and reply with the confirmation number? Thanks.
Userlevel 2
I have updated on another thread here. https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/cannot-authorize-spotify-account

Many diagnostics and screenshots. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is still happening. I cannot add Spotify or Pandora accounts from my Mac. I can add them using the iPhone app
Hi Ryon,

Because the services are working on your iPhone we know that the issue is on your Mac computer. The diagnostic data looks good, you Sonos components aren't having trouble connecting. The biggest difference between your iPhone and Mac is the firewall and possibly antivirus software. Please see this guide to configure any firewalls and antivirus software your Mac may be running: Sonos and firewalls.
Im have the SAME issue...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
This is a year old thread - you shouldn't even be using this version of software noted.

I would create a new thread describing your issue. First try rebooting your router and sonos units.