Pandora and Shuffle Play Only Selected Stations

• 16 December 2012
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
When I use Pandora (not Pandora One) I can select Shuffle Play and choose which of the many stations on my list I want to be included in that Shuffle. How is this feature enabled when using Pandora on Sonos. Does the Quickmix allow you to select a limited number of stations or does it just toggle between all of your stations.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Found Chris's post in another thread and thought I would do the same as he did and let folks know on similar threads. I can confirm this does work as he stated. Go to Pandora website. Set up your shuffle options on the Pandora website. Then in sonos when you choose shuffle option for Pandora, it plays the stations you set up on the Pandora website. It does work for me as of today.

This does not work for me. I set pandora to shuffle only one station as a test and in Sonos it still shuffles all. It seems to me it is is in the Sonos user interface where out don't have the options to select the shuffle stations.
Total fail. There are over 90 (I counted) stations on the office Sonos Pandora system.
Whenever someone selects "shuffle" feature, all we get are Robert Plant related projects & Frankie Valli.
WHAT THE HELL?????
Found Chris's post in another thread and thought I would do the same as he did and let folks know on similar threads. I can confirm this does work as he stated. Go to Pandora website. Set up your shuffle options on the Pandora website. Then in sonos when you choose shuffle option for Pandora, it plays the stations you set up on the Pandora website. It does work for me as of today.
Ability already exists and I have personally confirmed. You must go on pandora website. Under my shuffle you select the stations you want to include in mix. Only the checked stations will be used in the Sonos shuffle. Hello Chris, I used to shuffle my stations by going to Pandora like you said, but now sonos keeps all my stations on the shuffle, even if I unselect them(on Pandora). If I delete the station off sonos, it deletes it from my Pandora as well. This just started about a month ago. Any suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ability already exists and I have personally confirmed. You must go on pandora website. Under my shuffle you select the stations you want to include in mix. Only the checked stations will be used in the Sonos shuffle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nothing more needs done by sonos
There HAS to be away to allow a user to check specific Pandora stations on Sonos and then shuffle only amongst only those checked stations.  Sonos:  what are you doing about this problem?
Sonos cuts out from my direct line when I try to play music direct from my song list on my computer. Total junk
I am going to rip out all of the Sonos in my house.  It works sporadically  cuts out and is not compatible with Pandora.  A total waste of thousands of dollars
It appears that this feature isn't available to Sonos via the Pandora API. So complain to Pandora, not Sonos.
This is the one thing that I think will make a big difference to Sonos and its competitors. Please, if you want to make Sonos the only true venue for us to use, then this is a necessity to get to that level.
Write a reply   Its crazy you can't shuffle on Pandora. Fix it please!!! I love the system but this is awful and seems like an easy fix.
Is anyone from Sonos reading this? Are we talking to the right people here - or should we be talking to Pandora? This feature is quite an important one to a lot of people, and you can guarantee that the people writing here are only a very small proportion of those that want the feature we're asking for. The systems and ways of working have changed but 2 years later the same question is being asked. You're supplying a high end product - we have the right to expect a high end solution.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quick mix has been removed from pandora. Now it is just shuffle(all stations). I would like to shuffle selected pandora stations.. There is no shuffle of selected pandora stations. Just shuffle all stations. There needs to be the ability either from the pandora desktop or the sonos app to shuffle selected stations
Sonos Quick Mix seems to play only stations that are checked off. It may be that Sonos uses this [unofficial] API, which apparently does not expose the method for checking/unchecking stations.

http://pan-do-ra-api.wikia.com/wiki/Json/5
Frank, Quickmix plays a variety of all stations. The shuffle play feature is not currently supported by Pandora on Sonos. I'm going to switch this topic over to an Idea so that others can comment on it and add their support. Thanks!
I'd like to see the ability to select multiple stations also. Can do it on PC and Android app. Why should Sonos be behind?
I agree 100%. Shuffling specific stations within Pandora is a must have. In an office environment with multiple personal preferences it's nice to accommodate more controls over a daily mix. Our results with quickmix tend to yield too much repetition of songs from day to day.
Completely agree. I love the Sonos system but the inability to create a shuffle for selected pandora stations is majorly disappointing.
I agree -- we recently outfitted our entire home, spending more than $2k on this system.  We used this feature constantly prior to our Sonos install.  This is unacceptable.  Please work on this!
I agree 100%. As a custom installer, our customers always ask for this feature. Please work on it.
I urge the Sonos team to make the functionality mentioned above active for the Sonos. When I'm having a dinner party, I'd like to be able to shuffle selected stations without Christmas music or my kid's stations in the mix. The only fix now is to delete stations and add them back in later. This is unacceptable for a system for which I paid nearly $500. Get with it Sonos--there are many competitors at your heels.
Quickmix (now called Shuffle by Pandora, but, the same thing) plays stations you've selected on Pandora.com or Pandora's desktop app. There is no way to change the stations to be played using the Controller.
Pandora allows you to shuffle specific station, but Sonos does not allow the feature to be active on their web sit. The present "quick mix" on Sonos is not the answer.
John M, when you say in your reply above "The shuffle play feature is not currently supported by Pandora on Sonos", do you mean that Pandora is the reason that Sonos is not able to do this? If so, should we as users be contacting Pandora directly about this? Or, is this a design issue with Sonos? Thanks, Perry
How hard could it be? I won't use QuickMix because I don't ever want to hear a mix of the whole variety of stations I have. And I get tired of listening to only one station at a time. Please add the ability to check the stations you want to shuffle.